Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-31-2014, 06:29 PM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default WHen you need to rebuy some larger clothes

My wardrobe and dressers are full of size 10s. I have a few 12s that were supposed to be my "fat" clothes and then last winter I had to buy some 14s and 16s.

I'm looking at this spring weather realizing I quite literally have NOTHING to wear besides socks and shoes and some too tight underwear. BUT, I don't want to buy a lot of things for this temporary high.

How little can I get away with? I "work" only once a week, but I can't wear the same outfit every single week. And I need new workout clothes and bras.

How much can you truly minimally get by? I figure I need a few 16s for now and very soon 14s.

This is a WHOLE new world for me. Tomorrow or the day after I will be packing up my size 10 wardrobe (with a few 8s) so I have room for clothes that fit, but as excited as I was to buy the clothes on the way down. I have NO desire to buy things for the temporary stay up.

Can I get buy with two-three workout outfits? And two pairs of shorts and one pair of pants and a few shirts?
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

Get one neutral color skirt and one neutral color pant and three tops that coordinate with either. That way you can mix and match. I'd hit Kohls or JCP sales/coupons to get things at a reasonable price.

Maybe also 2 pairs of shorts and one pair of jeans or khakis? A few t-shirt tops to pair with them?

If you have decent consignment shops, they might be starting to put out spring/summer clothes now. I have one that is totally hit or miss (more miss than hit lately), but I can get some good brands for very low prices. I sold my maternity clothes and some better quality fat clothes and baby clothes/gear through them.
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

The size 16 you is just as deserving as the size 8 you. I'm not saying go all out if you know this is a temporary phase. But in this moment of your life when you're going through so much the least you can do is put on something that makes you feel beautiful. My closet had a range between size 12-18 and it was making me a little depressed. I took out all the clothes that did not fit me right now and put them in a suitcase in the basement. I do hope to fit into my size 12s sooner than later but it was doing me no good to walk into my closet every day and see them laughing at me. Now I feel confident that whatever I pull out from the hanger will actually fit.

As far as work goes, a basic pair of black pants will go far! You can interchange tops. Or even wear the pants with a basic t-shirt and interchange cardigans/sweaters. Use your accessories. Black pants, white t-shirt, blue cardigan and a scarf. Next week, black pants, white-t shirt, yellow cardigan, other scarf. Bam, it's already in your closet and you don't have to shop for anything. Keep it interesting with jewelry statement pieces, scarves, shoes, hats, bangles, purses, etc.

Nobody pays attention to clothes, they pay attention to style and style fits any size
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:12 PM   #4  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
The size 16 you is just as deserving as the size 8 you. ...in this moment of your life when you're going through so much the least you can do is put on something that makes you feel beautiful.

... Keep it interesting with jewelry statement pieces, scarves, shoes, hats, bangles, purses, etc.

Nobody pays attention to clothes, they pay attention to style and style fits any size
Well said, Wannabeskinny! Amen, sister!

And, I totally agree with the accessory advice. Go with solid simple tops and bottoms and mix it up with scarves & inexpensive jewelry. You'll be surprised how much fun you'll have and how many outfits you can make from just a few things. Search online for "travel wardrobe." It's always fun to see all the basic pieces laid out - helps to have a visual. Here's a sample I found quickly through pinterest. She even puts together separate outfits from the original pieces. Take a look.

Last edited by AwShucks; 04-08-2014 at 09:13 PM.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/121/128

Height: 5'5"

Just went shopping at the Gap today, they have some really nice dresses and jackets in their spring sale, so I have a few reasonably priced outfits for my "interim" wardrobe.
DLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:10 PM   #6  

Very happy if you are successful in losing weight. My friends suggested me some address for getting suitable body forms in affordable prices: flatsevenshop dot com
Samoasim is offline   Reply With Quote