personal Stylist

• Im thinking about maybe hiring a personal Stylist after ive lost and maintained for awhile. Has anyone else ever done this?
  • I will be doing exactly this. I've already contacted a stylist and got pricing and chosen a styling package and have been saving money for it. Oh it's going to happen!
  • Definitely on my to-do list! Or I'm going to bug some of my more fashionable friends and see if they'll shop with/for me! I figure some of my friends would jump at the chance to do something like that.
  • I have to admit - I am a little confused. i am not certain I understand what a personal stylist is. =(
  • I would love to do this. How do you find a personal Stylist?
  • A personal stylist is a person that helps you address style. The one I found has an array of services. First she will come to my house and help me go through my closet and rid the things that don't fit or look good on me. She Can show me which of my clothes work or not and why and can point out tailoring adjustments. She'll help me assemble outfits based on what I have. Then she'll take me shopping and help me buy good staple items, show me what to look for in terms of fit for my body type. She can also take pictures of me in all the outfits she helped me create in my closet and makes a look book for me, like my own catalog. Then there are other services like special event styling etc.

I think I just did an online search on google and came up with a few choices.
  • how much was yours?
  • I've saved $1200 for the package.