Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-04-2014, 11:19 AM   #16  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiKai View Post
Too good to donate?
Ok, that was poorly worded. I donate a LOT. and I mean A LOT. What I meant was, I could try to recuperate some costs with selling them. I am not a money tree and if I can get enough money for an item to make the effort of trying to sell it worth it, I will do so.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:34 AM   #17  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Ok, that was poorly worded. I donate a LOT. and I mean A LOT. What I meant was, I could try to recuperate some costs with selling them. I am not a money tree and if I can get enough money for an item to make the effort of trying to sell it worth it, I will do so.
Can I ask where you sold yours? There's no consignment shops in my area and I've been considering eBay. My clothes aren't exactly "name brands" so many shops and online resalers don't accept them - even if it is a twice-worn $80 Dress Barn dress! I have a few items like this I only wore a handful of times. I plan to donate everything else, but, like you, I need the money to reinvest into my new wardrobe!

I need to do something soon because my closet is over-run with clothes - half of it is stuff that's too big that I put aside to donate or put in my "fat/skinny" clothes bin or sell, and I just haven't decided what to do yet. I can hardly close the closet door anymore haha
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:30 PM   #18  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

I got rid of all of my bigger clothes when I first lost all my weight and now I've gained some back (after I swore I wouldn't). I decided not to beat myself up about it but just took my lack of clothing options as motivation to get back on plan and fit into all the beautiful clothes that are hanging in my closet. I'm refusing to buy anything new right now and am trying to make do with what I've got.

I honestly don't know what's the right answer.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:43 PM   #19  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
Can I ask where you sold yours? There's no consignment shops in my area and I've been considering eBay. My clothes aren't exactly "name brands" so many shops and online resalers don't accept them - even if it is a twice-worn $80 Dress Barn dress! I have a few items like this I only wore a handful of times. I plan to donate everything else, but, like you, I need the money to reinvest into my new wardrobe!

I need to do something soon because my closet is over-run with clothes - half of it is stuff that's too big that I put aside to donate or put in my "fat/skinny" clothes bin or sell, and I just haven't decided what to do yet. I can hardly close the closet door anymore haha
I just do ebay or a local consignment shop here in town. I buy higher end clothes. Well, I should specify - not REALLY higher end, but not Target or cheapo stuff in quality. They just wear out too fast. I'm either extremely hard on my clothes, or they are truly made poorly.

And the stuff I am selling are boutique type clothes.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #20  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

I didn't keep my biggest sizes, but I did keep very nice things in 1-2 sizes larger than maintenance.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:58 PM   #21  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieChicks View Post
I didn't keep my biggest sizes, but I did keep very nice things in 1-2 sizes larger than maintenance.
That was my plan. I had saved a few 12s for that reason (I was between an 8 and 10 and with a bit more work, I would have been in 8s except for dresses and tops because my boobs are too big).

BUT... I didn't expect I would lose control like I did and would go back up to 14/16 - depending on the brand and cut. THOSE sizes I will not keep around.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:03 AM   #22  

I just got rid of all my Big clothes except for pair of jeans I am keeping them to remind me how big I use to be. I went from a size 24 to a size 16. I buy a lot of my clothes at the Good Will store since I still have more weight to loose.
Joanne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:19 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
That was my plan. I had saved a few 12s for that reason (I was between an 8 and 10 and with a bit more work, I would have been in 8s except for dresses and tops because my boobs are too big).

BUT... I didn't expect I would lose control like I did and would go back up to 14/16 - depending on the brand and cut. THOSE sizes I will not keep around.
My plan for maintenance in the past has been similar. I got rid of all my very largest clothes and kept a size or two of slack for maintenance, during which I inevitably regained until I got back into a weight loss mode. This worked pretty well for a few cycles but this last time, I went off the high end of my range and finding things I owned that I could wear on days I went into work became a huge challenge.

This lack of available clothes did help spur me to action but it's true that not having anything to wear added to the train wreck of goings-on.

However, I believe things turned out for the best because I ended up retooling my approach to weight management. This time I am really putting the focus on finding lifestyle changes that are compatible with maintenance. As a result, I've been a lot happier during the (slower, longer) weight loss phase, which I hope will be pretty indistinguishable from the maintenance phase.

Although I hope things will turn out differently this time in maintenance, my plan for clothing is the same... pack up one or two sizes of slack and get rid of anything bigger than that.

Last edited by yoyoma; 04-06-2014 at 08:23 AM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote