Cellulite

• Hi!

Have y'all found anything that works for you for cellulite?

I tried a Soap and Glory anti-cellulite cream but didn't really notice a difference.

Have any of you tried any creams like the Fat Girl Slim or Nivea creams?

Right now, I've increase my water intake, have begun taking epsom salt bath a couple times a week and have begun dry brushing and have noticed a difference, but I want it gone!! Any suggestions?
  • the only thing that works to get rid of cellulite is weight loss.

You can lessen the appearance of cellulite but any effects are temporary so you'd need to do it for as long as you want it to lessen. From what I've read, you can plump up the skin around your cellulite to make it less noticeable and one of the most effective ways to do that is through caffeine. Cellulite creams often contain caffeine but you could also make yourself a caffeine compress from coffee grounds or similar. I've read about it, I haven't tried it myself.

I just figure cellulite is part of who I am
  • Cellulite probably defines me lol. I remember one of the worst days of my life in 7th grade, sitting on the floor listening to the teacher talk and I was wearing white shorts. I remember it like it was yesterday. A group of girls (all on the track team) were giggling and saying "look, she has wrinkles on her legs hahahaha" It was the last day I ever wore shorts in public. Looking back on pictures of me in 7th grade I was stunning to tell you the truth, I weighed perhaps 5-10lbs more than those track girls but really very pretty with no acne and shiny healthy hair. I felt constantly bullied by them, this wasn't the only occasion they made fun of me but I realize now that maybe they were jealous of me?

Sorry for the side track - if you find the miracle to cure cellulite please share it. As far as I know even if you lose weight some still stays forever. I exfoliate and moisturize. My motto is scrub it and love it, it is what it is.

And I do wear shorts now occassionally, I'm trying to get out of the mindset of a bullied victim.
  • A doctor in practice in my workplace told me cellulite is the last to go.
  • I found doing squats helped.
  • Usually using a scrub brush on the areas and massaging the area for about ten minutes with lotion (any kind so don't pay for expensive lotions, it actually the rubbing motion that helps it not the cream) will temporarily lessen it. Losing weight and gaining muscle will lessen it too. I actually went to the medical library at my school and researched studies because it is the one thing along with a couple of stretch marks that are truly driving me INSANE.