Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 01-11-2014, 05:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Default Any hair pros out there?

So, my hair is naturally a mousey brown sort of colour, and I'd like it to be more of a honey blonde. I've tried just putting a blonde dye on it, which does lighten a little but it's very coppery!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might get the colour I want, without forking out a huge salon fee? I only want my hair a couple of shades lighter- I've been looking into home highlighting and home bleaching kits, but I feel like bleaching would be a bit extreme! But I don't know, maybe it needs it.

Thanks guys!
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #2  

Hi Leaves

I'm not able to color my hair because of my meds for cancer and my diet (I already have so many bald spots and the thinnest hair ever now ).

My hair is coming in darker and grayer than ever (BOO!) so I had to get something at the drugstore to try and give me some life back in my hair.

I have been using John Frieda's Blonde Spray (here is a link to it http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/prod...Impprod3120531). I love it and it's so easy, just spray, blowdry and go. I got carried away with it one week and got really light really quick so I cut back.

I hope that helps you! It's only about $9 so it's worth a try.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I have dishwater blonde hair naturally and color it lighter. Honey blonde turns my hair a strawberry blonde color. To keep the reddish hue out, I use light ash blonde.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:06 AM   #4  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Perhaps you could try cheap and non-chemical based lightening? I've used it and it works.

Try brewing some really strong chamomile tea and then use it as a rinse in your hair. Let it soak on your head (preferably with a plastic cap) for an hour or so. It lasts for a couple of weeks.

You can also darken your hair with black tea in the same way. Its noticeable enough that my mom asked me if I dyed my hair.

I've also hear lemon juice will help lighten your hair, but I'm not sure if the acid would damage your hair or not.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote