Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 11-09-2014, 05:01 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

I NEVER AGAIN want to wear those stretchy jeans that last like 6 months before the crotch wears out. I mean yeah, I know stuff won't wear out as much when I'm thinner, but I want REAL JEANS goshdarnit.

I'm not even that much of a jeans wearer. >.> Maybe I can find some nice sturdy khakis or something. Linen pants! I love linen. But it seems like EVERYTHING made for plus sizes is STRETCHY and I HATE SYNTHETICS.

I feel emotional about this. Can you tell?
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #77  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiora View Post
I NEVER AGAIN want to wear those stretchy jeans that last like 6 months before the crotch wears out. I mean yeah, I know stuff won't wear out as much when I'm thinner, but I want REAL JEANS goshdarnit.

I'm not even that much of a jeans wearer. >.> Maybe I can find some nice sturdy khakis or something. Linen pants! I love linen. But it seems like EVERYTHING made for plus sizes is STRETCHY and I HATE SYNTHETICS.

I feel emotional about this. Can you tell?

I feel you Faiora! I would love to have a couple pairs of nice, billowy linen pants when I reach goal.
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #78  

Super Spanx.
A girdle, fine. Super Spanx- NEVER. AGAIN. For SO many reasons.
For 1- stuffing ALLLL this into the stupid thing takes me like ten minutes and stuff keeps spilling out all over the place while I'm trying to pull it up… it's just… no.
For 2- my thighs rub together and have rubbed a neat hole in the fabric. So now I have two "bubbles" of fat thigh that ooze out the holes and rub together and I end up with the worst owies…
So yeah. Spanx. Never want to wear that devil's handiwork again. Ever. Never ever.

Control top panty hose go into the same category of evil as the Spanx.

Bras that could double as bowling ball bags. Where you can fit a whole head or two in each cup- and your mother announces suck at the store when you take her shopping with you. I'd like to have my man undress me without getting lost in all the hooks on the back so much that I just have to do it myself.

Anything that looks like it could also be used as the fabric covering of a tent or makeshift shelter in the event of an emergency.

And while this isn't clothing related- I'd like to NOT have to put deodorant between and under my boobs.

Yeah.
ANTICAKECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:47 AM   #79  

S/C/G: H~285... 260/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Haha! This thread is great!

I never want to wear men's sweatshirts again! Unless of course it's my hubby's sweatshirt and I'm cuddling into it ONLY bc I forgot mine...

I DO like men's t-shirts to wear around the house or as PJs bc they are comfy and not so form-fitted, but it's nice to be able to go and buy a men's size small or medium, not the 2x sizes I used to buy!

My style is definitely casual... So I will always be running around in jeans, t-shirts, and hoodies, but I can wear cuter women's styles now!

I'm an RDH... It's been nice to be able to get rid of all of my big 2x unisex "tent" scrubs and get the cuter, tapered-waist women's scrubs that actually show off my figure! My most recent purchase was a medium... JUNIOR FIT!!! That just blew my mind! Lol!
Beka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:19 AM   #80  
Old Cackler

clothes with gussets
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Sweatpants.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:04 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 210/198/130

Height: 5'0"

Black clothes! I'm sick of trying to hide behind black clothes!
happy2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #83  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Gosh, I'm probably the only one here loosing weight so I can wear sweat pants. I don't wear them now because when I do, even though they are SO SO comfy, I just feel fat and guilty and think "You're wearing these cause every thing else doesn't fit".

I will NEVER wear those jeans everyone thinks are leggings cause they are so tight on me!!! (Or I'll wear them as pants and not leggings.

I will wear black leggings under dresses for modesty, when the dress is too short and not with everything because my thighs rub together until I bleed.

I will never wear my husbands sweatshirts and hoodies again, because mine will actually fit!!!
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 07:36 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I have always wondered why full-figure clothing is made with such ugly material. Do they think we don't care? I have noticed that some stores have very pretty clothes in the misses section that can also be bought in the full figure section. IMO, those clothes were designed by someone who has been overweight at some point in their life and understand that full-figured women want to look pretty like everyone else.

Also, I quit shopping at our local JC Penney because the full-figure department was in the basement, and not on the main sales floor with the juniors and misses. Were they embarassed to have us seen in their store?

Another pet peeve is the full-figure catalogs that do not have any full-figure models. One time I wrote a letter telling them that I want to see what the clothing is going to look on me, not on some size 6 woman.

Ok. Rant over. I got up early today, and I am just passing some time until I have to start Christmas dinner.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 12:49 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 291/249/180

Height: 5'5"

I want to never again feel like I "have to" wear what I call a bra booster. It's spanx like material that is basically a very low cut tank top and sit under the bra. It sucks in belly and back fat. It is so not comfortable. lol
JsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:59 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 178.6/178.6/150

Height: 5'3"

I look forward to not wearing multiple shirts all the time. I mean, for layering ok, but I always have a thin tank on under every top I wear. I look forward to ditching the "shape wear".

And also cheap jeans! I've started buying cheap jeans because I refuse to spend good money on bigger ones, but geesh... I really miss some good quality jeans!
SunMom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 10:10 AM   #87  

I used to wear men's clothes pretty frequently because they were loose and didn't show off the lumps and bumps of my body as bad.

And wearing leggings under jeans because it smooths everything out. Hope to never wear those again. lol
BlackBoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:59 AM   #88  
PCOS and Tuesday weigher!

S/C/G: 288/295/175ish?

Height: 5ft4

*Clothes that I hate but wear because they're the only ones that fit.
*Flat orthopedic style shoes that are the only ones wide enough for my feet I don't have any orthopedic issues).
*Ugly but functional bras.
*Big coats/cardigans to hide that my t-shirt or pants are too tight.
knoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:35 PM   #89  

Height: 6-1.5

A bra. Any bra. I never wore bras until I reached 35. I hate bras.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:16 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 190/163/127

Height: 5'2

Big panties! anything I wear that is not wide enough will dig in even if it's not tight. There is nothing as horrible as panty lines to me, I absolutely hate them and I love sexy tiny lingerie that of course can't use anymore.
lostkitty is offline   Reply With Quote