Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

I got one of the little hair buzzer things and use that. I HATE the whole facial hair crap. It makes me feel so not girly.

I have a lot of body hair though, too. I hate it. I'm so self conscious about it.
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I pluck my chin hairs but I don't get very many. Maybe 10 or so. I think it's a combination of heredity and hormonal. I have heard that those who have PCOS get it the worst. For my legs, I use an Emjoi epilator that I bought on Amazon. I got the red one. It works well and does not hurt as much as some of the older epilators did. I get much less leg hair now than I did before. I don't know how it would work on facial hair. It might be very irritating to the skin. If I had heavier facial hair and was desperate for a solution I would try it. I also wonder about that NO NO that I see advertised for laser hair removal. I don't know of anyone who has used it. Maybe you could read the online reviews. People who tried it and it didn't work will usually be honest about it.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:41 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

I've had a lot of laser and it was totally worth it.

Estrogen and progestin birth control pills and a drug called Spironolactone both reduce acne and facial hair in some women. An endocrinologist can tell you if these drugs might help you. Many general practitioners don't know about or prescribe Spironolactone.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 7"

Wow a thread after my own heart....so I'm not the only one with facial hair.

I can remember about 30 years ago watching my aunt tweeze her chin hairs and now I'm doing it. I was looking on youtube for a remedy a few months ago and saw a lot of options.

I have lots of chin hair and some of them are now gray. I also have a mustache. I tweeze my chin hairs a couple of times a week.. I keep a pair of tweezers in my lipstick case
and when I'm in my car and no one is around I tweeze. The daylight sitting in the car is the best. LOL

For my lip I've just started using Oil of Olay facial hair remover. In my opinion It's an expensive version or nair *($21) *which I use to use on my legs about 30 years ago. It does an okay job. I bought the one for fine to medium hair.
If i buy it again I may get the one for coarse hair because this one leaves a few hairs behind

One thing I know for sure is this. I take Biotin which is a supplement that is for your skin hair and nails qnd let me tell you it works great. HOWEVER I noticed I was getting more and more chin hairs I couldn't keep up with the tweezing so I cut down on the dosage. It's much better now.
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

In my 20s I went to an electrologist and had my eyebrows shaped and some dark hairs on my upper lip removed. Now that I am in menopause, the upper lip and chin hairs have started; I bought a series of laser treatments on Groupon; now I only get hairs on the very edges of my upper lip, but I still get the occasionaly chin hair. I keep tweezers in my car and often "check and pluck" when I get into the car. The lighted visor mirror and the sun seem to help accentuate the hairs.

Has anyone noticed WHITE, almost translucent hairs on your chin? Mine seem more like plastic than hair.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #21  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

I get those plastic hairs, EasySpirit. I can find them by touch.

I also get lots of dark hairs on and under my chin and underneath my jawline. Those I tweeze, upper lip/eyebrows I wax at home. I have tried facial Nair but too often it misses hair.
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #22  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

I've got a blonde mustache and a fair amount of chin hairs, so like RavenWolf & Wannabehealthy, I use an electric epilator—the Emjoi red one. It is SO much easier than plucking by hand, doing waxes, or using hair-removal cream, there's no comparison! And it works great on other parts of the body, too. I love it because now I don't worry about having hair there or obsess about needing to pluck a stubborn one: I just run my Emjoi over that area, and the problem is solved.

In case you're wondering if the hair plucker is painful on like your upper lip: it is a bit the first few times you use it, but after that, the hairs are not so deeply rooted, and it just feels like a prickly sensation—no big deal. And I personally have had no problem with it irritating my skin: just a little redness after using, which quickly fades.

2feelbetter— How much Biotin do you take per day? I tried it a few years ago, but it didn't help with my thinning head hair. Now I'm wondering if I wasn't taking enough...

By the way, just being fat causes more facial hair. You don't have to have a hormone disturbance or anything. The reason why is that your body's natural estrogen gets converted to a compound called "estrone" in your fat cells. Estrone is a so-called "androgenic" hormone, which means it mimics testosterone in some of its effects, the same way androgens in men cause them to grow facial hair. The more fat cells you have, and the bigger the ones you have, the more estrone gets produced, and hence the more hair on your face. I have observed that when I'm thinner (big-time yo-yo dieter here), I have fewer hairs on my face, and the ones I do have are finer.

Last edited by Fiona W; 11-26-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #23  
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

I used to pluck just my eyebrows, and occasionally the few hairs that would grow under my chin. Luckily, for me, I have light hair on my face. After awhile I noticed that I got more hair on my upper lip and chin because when I was plucking the hair I didn't always get the root.

I now recommend waxing, and do it myself. Its very easy if you know what you are doing, if you are comfortable with it. I use a kit that I pick up at walmart. It works great and keeps the hairs away for months. In the beginning I used to go to a cheap mall salon and have my lip, eyebrows, and chin, waxed. You can usually get more areas waxed for a cheaper price and it lasts a long time.

Whatever you don't shave any of it. My mil did that more than 10 years ago. She now has to actually shave every other day or she gets noticeable 5 o clock stubble. When I had only a few hairs, and had hormones, I used to be able to get away with using a bleach kit and just bleaching the hair. I don't recommend using a product like nair or neet on your face. It seems to make your upper lip sweat for several days, the hair grows back in darker, you can have an allergy, and the results aren't as reliable as waxing.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona W View Post

fiona w— How much Biotin do you take per day? I tried it a few years ago, but it didn't help with my thinning head hair. Now I'm wondering if I wasn't taking enough...
I buy the 5,000 mcg dosage and take one a day. It's made my hair longer not thicker. That and the aphogee hair shampoo products I use. It takes a few months before you notice it but I noticed a difference in my sister's hair and she started taking it a few months ago.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:32 AM   #25  
05/01/2023

S/C/G: 232.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'6"

Last November I bought an at home laser hair removal machine called Silk'n Sensepil. I bought it on eBay used for $150 and it came with 3 cartridges. I used the machine on my chin, lips, sideburns and arms every two weeks and the hair was completely gone within eight weeks. After that I used the machine once a month for maintenance. I ran out of cartridges in August and didn't feel like buying more (they are expensive at $30 a piece). The hair took two months to grow back but it's not as thick and there isn't as much hair as there was before. I'm going to buy 3 more cartridges this week and start over with the treatments. This time I'm going to do my legs too. The Silk'n Sensepil is a miracle. The machine stings a little bit while you use it but it doesn't hurt like waxing, plucking or professional laser hair removal. It takes around 20 minutes to complete my entire face and arms but that's only once a month and in the comfort of my own home. Even though it is expensive, it's still cheaper than professional laser hair removal.

Here's the link if you want to take a look: http://www.amazon.com/Silkn-SensEpil.../dp/B0039C6AS2
AllyG47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #26  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Has anyone tried the NoNo advertised on TV? I am interested if anyone has because I get little pesky whiskers, some chin hair too. Thank you.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #27  

Default Nono

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
Has anyone tried the NoNo advertised on TV? I am interested if anyone has because I get little pesky whiskers, some chin hair too. Thank you.
I haven't but take a look on youtube.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:09 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

I pluck, pretty much every single night. I wax once in a while, I use these great strips that you can cut down to any size you need, so when I need to do bikini touch-ups or my upper lip, I'll do my chin, also.

Every year, more whiskers.
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #29  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I wax. Every 8 weeks with my cosmo.

Eyebrows, mustache and the side burns!

It really does not hurt all that much, and I get me time.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:22 PM   #30  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I'm sure i wrote a long post about laser hair removal a few days ago. I can't see it now. Anyway this i think is the best solution. Its not completely permanent but its very good and even though not cheap, i would say well worth it for something like this. I had bikini line done and it has never fully grown back. I just pluck out the excess now.

Its worthwhile reading up on the hair growth cycle, of women's chins before you decided to follow a recommended treatment regime. Just to make sure you don't get over treated and overcharged. It may not be easy info to find. I learned about it most from a medical library but that was quite a few years ago now.

IN the past this approach was only for hairs with pigment. so not good for grey or blonde hairs.

Last edited by Pattience; 01-09-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote