Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 325/268/250

Height: 5'3

Default Hate tight clothing

I hate tight clothes. I like my clothes loose fitting. However at my current weight it's hard to find things (jeans especially) that aren't tight. Will it be easier to find loose clothing when I lose weight? And am I the only one who hates tight clothes? Like when I lose weight I want to go to the men's section for jeans (their's looks more roomy), most women's jeans are form fitting. I even can't wait to lose weight so hopefully I can find bras that aren't so tight (I'm really limited on what I can find to fit). Or it would be awesome to lose weight, and then be able to go out without one. Cause I think those will always be uncomfortable. But yeah...tight clothes suck. I need room to move.
PhantomPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

Maybe its a matter of size and fit?

I need clothes that move. I deal with kids all day, I'm up and down. I don't want to deal with tight, binding fits but I don't find it difficult to find things I like. On the contrary, when I do need something more fitted and less casual, it's hard to find what I'm looking for. I'm not someone who thinks baggy clothes make me look smaller, or wearing a smaller size makes me look smaller. Well-fitting clothes without stretch and elastic waists can be hard to find in plus sizes.

Don't even get me started on pants. I don't understand the loose crotch-to-the-knees situation or that weird, inevitable bump of material on the outer upper thigh/low hip region of pants. Am I supposed to carry snacks in there?

Keep looking. Where are you typically shopping?
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/268/200

I buy men's jeans because women's jeans don't fit correctly...they have that pouch on the thighs..I feel like I am wearing jodhpurs. Most of my clothes for work are baggy because of the cost of buying new..I work in a factory so it doesn't matter much. Don't get me started on bras. I have never found one that fit correctly. Now that I am losing weight I don't want to spend 40 bucks on one just to turn around in 4 months and buy new ones..so sport bras...uni-boob..lol the thrift store has become my friend..yard sales and freecycle...
sueBhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #4  

Height: 5'11"

Heh, those "pouches" on the side of pants are for people like me who carry a lot of fat there! What I don't understand is the wads of fabric in the crotch area. If I get pants that fit my hips and thighs, there is always a huge gap at the back of the waist and a big wad of extra fabric in the front of the crotch.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Even at my highest weight, I found clothes that fit properly, even loosely if that's what I wanted. I wore a 5X-6X but even bought larger if I wanted a loose fit.

Before online shops were common, sometimes that meant long distance shopping trips three or four times a year (up to 3-4 hours in the car, each way).

When I visit my family (5 hours each way), I still make a point of stopping in the Catherine's shop and other plus size shops.

Recently, I've begun making my own clothes, but before that I often bought online. I had to return a few things, but once I got to know the cut of each brand, that was less and less a problem.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #6  

I like my pants to fit, but my shirts loose. I'm a t-shirt person 100%. I wear one almost everyday. When I was thinner I just wore smaller t-shirts! I love mens t-shirts, womens "t-shirts" are form fitting, they aren't real t-shirts.

I used to have trouble with pants before I had kids, I was crazy crazy pear shaped, all hips and thighs and a flat butt...after kids my waist got a little thickers and my weight now gains in my butt too...not pretty when I'm big, but when I lost weight after my kids, the waist gap in the back was gone. I think that's from having a waist that is much smaller than your hips? Though I'm not sure...
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I don't like my clothes to cling to me now because I'm heavier than I want to be. But I can't wait to lose some more weight because then I'll wear tight stuff all the time lol. I'm a sexbomb under this fat and I look forward to showing it off. Men's jeans? No way!!!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

I can relate to not wanting to wear tight clothing. I want to be comfortable! I tend to avoid fitted waist bands except for my jeans. Even then, I'm most comfortable when I've got about an inch of slack. My work clothing is primarily slacks and long sleeve tops or sweaters. I found some nice, professional looking elastic waist slacks at Dress Barn that I just love. I still have some of my 3X sweaters. In fact, I'm wearing one today even though I fit now into a 1X or XL.

I have a friend who has also lost a lot of weight. She gets on me from time to time about my loose fitting clothing. But I'm just not physically or emotionally comfortable in clothing that is too tight. Now, this is catty of me, but I think her clothing is too tight. She looks like she's been poured into it and is busting the seams. There's probably a balance somewhere between the two of us.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
I don't like my clothes to cling to me now because I'm heavier than I want to be. But I can't wait to lose some more weight because then I'll wear tight stuff all the time lol. I'm a sexbomb under this fat and I look forward to showing it off. Men's jeans? No way!!!
Haha - that makes me think of Spandex, ALL spandex!"

I love things that are more fitted when I'm looking good, but I definitely understand being emotionally uncomfortable with it. I sometimes suffer from anxiety which causes me to be very uncomfortable with attention, and that's what fitted clothing does - gives me more attention.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #10  

Location: Anchorage AK in the summer, Lawrence KS and travel in the winter

S/C/G: High 285+ 256/ticker/160ish

Height: 5'6"

I've always hated tight clothing. I remember when I was 7 having a fit when I transitioned to a junior Girl Scout uniform and that pin on tie at the neck strangled me. I fought that thing and finally got mom to pin it to the second button area.

Being a young hippie chick, overalls faded, embroidered and patched or gauzy flowing dresses were my high school uniform. Similarly today I were loose Flax designs in linen, stretch very plain denims with loose flowing tops. My legs being fairly shapely, I also wear leggings or tights under very long tops, sweaters or shorter dresses, all loose or A-line.

I've never wanted any attention over my appearance and will probably continue the old hippie thing in loose flowing clothes when I'm smaller too.

Last edited by vintagecat; 09-06-2013 at 12:48 PM.
vintagecat is offline   Reply With Quote