Need some accessory help too

• Hello everyone! I need help with this dress that I bought for a wedding I'm attending in August. It is really comfy and it is super flattering, but I have no idea what to wear it with.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/tadashi-...esults-_-1_3_C

My problem is that I'm only 1/2" shorter than hubby so I can't wear high heels, but a lower heel might be ok.

What type of jewelry would you guys recommend? I was thinking something large and chunky but what? I was even thinking to go with something pink...is that crazy? I will have my hair blown out with large curls (my hair is long).

Any advice? I'd love photos of anything you'd suggest. My style is very girly but I'm 42 so nothing too wild.
  • Wow, that dress is stunning! My first thought was to pair it with something gold, like a chunky necklace. Maybe gold and another color (like pink). Whatever you pick will have to be bold, because I think anything too dainty will get lost in that dress. Have fun!!
  • Gold earrings and bracelets. That dress does not need a necklace, which I feel would detract from the beautiful neckline.
  • What a beautiful dress. I actually think a silver bracelet would compliment it very nicely.
  • Thanks ladies....you gave me a lot to think about. I might buy a few different things and then return whatever doesn't work. Thanks again!
  • I agree with no necklace. Big earrings - hoops or dangles, maybe multiple dangling rings and a big bracelet or multiple bracelets. I'm a silver girl, but I'm sure gold would work, too.
  • I think that's great advice....I'll avoid the necklace and go for some statement earrings/rings/bracelets.
  • I recommend a clutch bag. You don't want a silly shoulder strap competing with that pretty neckline. If you're going gold or silver in jewelry, something metallic would be nice... maybe to match your sandals.
  • I would head over to Stella and Dot's website. I can already see some beautiful pieces with it. I love to wear their jewelry. Gorgeous dress.
  • Sounds like you have some great suggestions already! I just wanted to throw out the idea that you don't have to rule out heels just because it'll put you higher than your hubby. Most times the guys appreciate the look the heels give you more than they worry about the height difference. So consider rocking some great heels!
  • Chunky gold bracelets or bangles and some nice diamond earrings. I wouldn't wear a necklace with it because the it would distract from the neckline of this dress which is a feature in itself. I would say you could get away with carrying a hot pink clutch bag and maybe some gold sandals?
  • Pearl choker....

Not anything that actually interferes with the lovely neckline...but something understated and elegant.... That will enhance to the openness of the neckline. see my avatar...recent very formal dressy "southern" wedding on May 17 th ..... I was given lots of ideas on what to do...you probably can't go wrong with several of the suggestions! What is YOUR style?.. You want to be comfortable with your choice!

Gorgeous dress...incredible color! Have fun...
  • Beautiful dress and I agree no necklace, it will detract from that gorgeous neckline. Just some great earrings and bracelets and a clutch bag,
    I would agree about shoes, no need to wear flats but in this dress wear any shoes you want, they are not going to show.