3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   Handbags...to match or not to match? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/282954-handbags-match-not-match.html)

geoblewis 06-04-2013 01:16 PM

Handbags...to match or not to match?

I have a gray maxi wrap dress I'm going to wear out to dinner next Friday night. Diva night with girlfriends at a fun restaurant in Beverly Hills, doing a limo too!

I wasn't sure about jewelry, but I ended up buying a chunky stone/glass necklace on sale at Nordstrom's yesterday. Colors are gray and teal. I also got teal stone earrings. They look nice together, but it doesn't look too matchy-matchy.

I have a pair of black patent sandals that I think look nice with the dress. I just don't know what color handbag to carry. What are the rules for handbags these days? It used to be matching shoes, bag and belt. But that's not what I see in the magazine any more.

nationalparker 06-04-2013 02:03 PM

Have fun with the colors. Nothing has to match at all - as you say it used to be that way, but no more. I'd go with something bright if you have it for the handbag. Have a WONDERFUL TIME! Enjoy the camaraderie and friendships!

Quiet Ballerina 06-04-2013 02:12 PM

Handbags need to coordinate, but don't need to match. Do you have some handbags to choose from? What colors/options?

elvislover324 06-04-2013 02:17 PM

Sounds like a fun night and a nice outfit!!

I'd say teal or gray or a combo if you have one (don't buy anything new!). If you don't have one, maybe a peachy orange to compliment the teal and gray?

Yes, tell us what you have and we can try to help.

I'm a matchy match person but I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone and be wild. :rofl:

CanadianCutie 06-04-2013 02:59 PM

Fuschia would work too.

modifyeddoll87 06-04-2013 03:01 PM

I Scond The Peachy Orange !!

Josiee 06-04-2013 10:43 PM

Bright blue or coral or hot pink (or fuschia as already mentioned)

dstalksalot 06-05-2013 06:19 AM

http://colorschemedesigner.com this should help. Teal and peach go well.

Mozzy 06-05-2013 12:29 PM

I'm a matchy-matchy kind of girl....

GordonGirl16 06-05-2013 12:37 PM

I would go with a coral or a mustard yellow if you have either of those. Have fun with it!

PreciousMissy 06-05-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstalksalot (Post 4763269)
http://colorschemedesigner.com this should help. Teal and peach go well.

Oh my goodness...that site is awesome! I'm horrible with complimenting colors. Thanks for posting that.

elvislover324 06-05-2013 04:15 PM

Where is the OP?? I want to know what she's going to pick!! I'm excited for her!!

I love the idea of fushia!! I love the idea of turquoise!! or coral!! or mustard yellow!! or any of the above!! Maybe a rainbow of sorts of all the colors!!!

I'm going to pinterest and looking for some ideas! You'd think this outfit was for me I'm so excited. :)

Palestrina 06-06-2013 09:00 AM

I NEVER match shoes and purse in color. I NEVER match jewelry either. I just think it looks a little dated. Things should go together, but never match.

When it's summery weather I avoid black shoes/bags at all costs. With a gray dress anything goes but I love the way yellow looks with gray, and I love the way yellow and gray look with teal.

Andee3112 06-16-2013 11:19 AM

I match or want the color of my handbag to pop, but I donīt mix two bright colors usually. For example Jeans, white or black shirt goes with any kind of handbag.

geoblewis 06-16-2013 04:33 PM

I'm so sorry I didn't come back sooner! I got busy with work/life, grabbed a gold lame' bag at Marshall's and used it that night, but I am not happy with it at all. I had my teal necklace, but the ladies I went with decided I needed something else, a simple silver lariat-style necklace that one of them had.

I wish I had brought along my red Coach bag instead of buying the gold one. The gold one is going back to Marshall's today. I had looked at the teal ones they had, but none of them were quite right. I didn't see any appropriate fuschia or hot pink either.

Oh, and another thing, I couldn't find my shoes in my closet! I tore it apart looking for them, then realized there were several pairs of shoes missing. I think my old brain forgot that I moved my summer shoes somewhere and I can't remember where they went! So I ended up wearing a pair of flat loafers that were adequately hidden by my long dress.

Despite the inadequacies of the handbag/shoes, our little group certainly had more fun than everyone in the restaurant. You can read about my evening on my new friend's blog. She posted a story about our evening. I'm the one towering over everyone in the photo.