Genie Bra

• I've seen these on QVC and in Walmart. They look interesting. What is everyone's opinion?
  • Very little support if your girls have any size to them. I wear them on weekends when I'm not going anywhere and sometimes to bed. I'm 34 DD.
  • I have one on right now. It's definitely not as supportive as my underwire bras that I have from fashion bug (I miss that store), or from the nicer stores, but it's great for walking, or sleeping in. I'm a 40DDD, but my girls don't sag all that much, if you're boobs droop a lot it might not be a good choice.
  • I would recommend trying a set on at Walmart, I loved my first set, so I went back and bought two more, and even though they're the same size, they don't fit as well. The set with lace trim was unwearable, because it was cut so low under the arm that the boobs would spill out, which looked like I had an ectra set of boobs under my armpits. The foam inserts were also smaller, more like large pasties than pads. I ended up going to JoAnn fabric and buying the foam bra pads you would use in a swimsuit or halter dress. If you're a D cup or larger, I would definitely recommend buying higher quality inserts found in sewing and lingerie stores.

For lift, support and attractiveness, they're so-so. They tend to flatten the bust, so the inserts are really necessary unless you like the flat look. For comfort though, and ease of getting into, or out of, the can't be beat. I don't wear mine for dressy occasions, or even on days when I'm able to wear more supportive bras, but when my pain levels are high and my flexibiliy is low, they're the only bra I can wear at all.

I wouldn't recommend them for anything but a leisure or sports bra though ( and if using as a sports bra, you might want to get the smallest size you find comfortable).
  • I bought one and don't like it. Uniboob.