I accidentally cured my acne...

• I have had acne since I was probably 14. In high school it was at its worst! It was horrible. I had no acne and beautiful skin for a few years while on birth control. When I decided to go off birth control just over 2 years ago my acne was not shy about coming back not nearly as bad, but there!

About 3-4 months ago at my annual doctors appointment I requested a Vitamin D level with my bloodwork and not surprisingly it was low. I started taking 1000IU of vitamin D3 daily and now my acne is totally gone

Worth looking into if you are having trouble with adult acne. Keep in mind vitamin d is more of a hormone than a vitamin so get your level checked and make sure you're taking a prescribed amount.
  • The things Vitamin D does never ceases to surprise me.
  • That is great that it cured it!!!
    I read once that if you put your first morning urine on acne it will go away. I never could get anyone to try it out to see if it actually worked though, lol.
  • That's awesome!! I'm like a kid still getting breakouts and having awful skin except I'm 37. I figured I'd have to live with it all of my life. I had been on a high dose progestin for the last 6 months for another reason and my skin dried up/never broke out once. Sure as heck, I stopped the meds and the estrogen surge must have gone straight to my face. I hate it. I'm going to look up vitamin D right now! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • Awesome!