Frozen greek yogurt

• So my wonderful mommy sent me a frozen yogurt maker (And it's ORANGE!!! ) that I was going to buy myself as a 50 lbs gone gift. (Mom lives in California, I'm a student in Chicago,) she sent it for Easter, and I just made some frozen greek vanilla yogurt, SO GOOD. Pretty guilt free, as I'm not meeting my calorie minimum daily, I'm trying to up my intake before I plateau...I digress. If you have sixty bucks lying around or want some guilt free desserts. get it! And it comes in a million colors (okay maybe around...10 colors.) But it's totally delicious, hits the sweet spot, and has a ton of protein as a bonus!

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-ICE-...yogurt+machine
  • Might get one.. bought some Greek frozen yogurt from Walmart the other day.. it was yucky. What ingredients do you use?
  • Some are better than others. My favorite is the trader joes non fat vanilla Greek FroYo......cals are 100 for a 1/2 cup. Really good!
  • I just used vanilla flavored greek yogurt, my room mate went and bought it. It has a little too much sugar for me, but it was good.
  • Quote: So my wonderful mommy sent me a frozen yogurt maker (And it's ORANGE!!! ) that I was going to buy myself as a 50 lbs gone gift. (Mom lives in California, I'm a student in Chicago,) she sent it for Easter, and I just made some frozen greek vanilla yogurt, SO GOOD. Pretty guilt free, as I'm not meeting my calorie minimum daily, I'm trying to up my intake before I plateau...I digress. If you have sixty bucks lying around or want some guilt free desserts. get it! And it comes in a million colors (okay maybe around...10 colors.) But it's totally delicious, hits the sweet spot, and has a ton of protein as a bonus!

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-ICE-...yogurt+machine
    Can you share the recipe you used to make frozen yogurt with your Frozen Yogurt Maker ?
  • No recipe, I froze the thing for 24 hours like you're supposed to, and just put vanilla greek yogurt in it lol. Took about 25 mins and it was perfect. Important to note that you do have to eat it when it's done, no saving leftovers, because then it will just be a solid block of yogurt lol. There are some great recipes online, I haven't tried them yet though.
  • Quote: No recipe, I froze the thing for 24 hours like you're supposed to, and just put vanilla greek yogurt in it lol. Took about 25 mins and it was perfect. Important to note that you do have to eat it when it's done, no saving leftovers, because then it will just be a solid block of yogurt lol. There are some great recipes online, I haven't tried them yet though.
    So you didn't make the yogurt , just froze the already prepared yogurt. Sorry if I sound confused but I do wonder why you need a $60 machine to do that.
  • Because if you just stuck it in the freezer it would become a block of yogurt, if you put it in the machine it becomes the consistency of ice cream lol. You wouldn't take an ice cream recipe and just put it in the freezer, it has to be churned.
  • Sounds really good!! I found one at kohls.com on sale for 60 bucks and I have a 30% off coupon along with free shipping but I am on the fence on whether or not to get it, lol. I have way too much kitchen gadgets and I'm afraid it will just end up in storage collecting dust after say, the first month?