You Know You've Lost Weight When...

You're on Page 1 of 13
Go to
  • ...your knee highs become thigh highs...

Your turn! What about you?
  • When walking to the shop and back is no longer a big deal.

Lol.
  • When you don't see this big shadow following you around anymore. It's just a small one now.
  • Your family stops "saving" the special chair for you at holiday meals. You know -- the one that is so sturdy an elephant couldn't break it!
  • Quote: Your family stops "saving" the special chair for you at holiday meals. You know -- the one that is so sturdy an elephant couldn't break it!
    OMG - I'm actually laughing out loud at my desk.
  • When your favorite bartender asks your drink order because he doesn't recognize you!
  • When you have less leg to shave, I noticed that the other day!
  • Quote: When you have less leg to shave, I noticed that the other day!
    I noticed this one too!!! And I don't have to lean on anything to prop myself up anymore to shave my skinnier legs! On the same idea, I can also tie my shoelaces like a normal person (i.e. I don't have to find a set of stairs, chair, etc. to prop my leg up to reach).
  • When I run I have to squeeze through a fence.....not anymore.....even with my water belt on?
  • When it becomes difficult to shave your armpits.

Mine are boney and concave at certain angles. That was a weird realisation in the shower!
  • you can cross your legs and they stay crossed without you holding it!
  • When you realize you've got more room between your stomach and the steering wheel.
  • You have to keep pulling your trousers up to prevent them from falling off. I have waited a LONG time for that one!!! 16s, here I come!
  • You teach yourself to sew so you can tailor your favorite clothes so that they still fit you!

You start carrying safety pins everywhere you go, in case your pants or skirt threatens to fall off of you because they're so loose.

You can see bones you had forgotten you had. Best discovery ever!
  • Duh. Safety pins!! It's been so long since I even had to use those, my body always held my clothes up... I shall be purchasing some of those