Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 01-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song of Surly View Post
I actually recently came across Hard Candy's tattoo concealer called "Glamofauge." Hard Candy is a super cheap brand of make-up at Walmart, so I was a little dubious; however, it covers my "shadow" like no other concealer I've used. I know you can buy really expensive heavy-duty concealers, but this stuff is like six bucks and does really well. I tried applying it with my fingers, but it applies best with an applicator sponge.
I'm going to have to check that out! I've been thinking of keeping a razor in my purse for touch ups!
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #32  
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missunshine View Post
o man how i wish it was only chin hair...but having to deal with an extra hair growth (and i mean everywhere) really makes me self conscious and i feel like i'll never meet a guy who would like my hairy chest, stomach, face plus as a bonus strech marks all over the place...i feel like there's no point in even trying to find one.
Please don't feel that way. I felt the same way for a long time. I am really hairy everywhere as well, and my bf does not care in the slightest. Which he's one of the hairiest people I've ever met, and his mom is a somewhat hairy woman. I think there has to be plenty of men that don't care. I mean, my sister is also fairly hairy, as well as my mom, and they both are happily married.

Also, have you had your hormones checked? The excess of your hair sounds like mine, and I have PCOS.

Last edited by Song of Surly; 01-25-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Song of Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I'm not sure who posted it but insurance very rarely covers hair removal treatments because it's seen as cosmetic. The only way you might be able to is if you're seeing a therapist and they determine its seriously causing mental distress. But the likelihood of that happening is slim.

The best options if you can't do cash and really really want to get it done are Flexible Spending Accounts (check if allowed) and Care Credit only if you can pay it off in the promotional period to avoid interest. Also, check Groupon frequently. The place I'm going tomorrow is highly reviewed and I got five treatments for 99 for small areas (chin, lip, etc) This is a relatively inexpensive way for me to find out how I respond to laser treatment.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 238/213/150

Height: 5' 5"

Reading this while LMAO. I love knowing that I'm not alone in this.

I was graced with a full-on Disney Villain Goatee. I had lots of really dark, coarse hair poking out of my chin. I've definitely cried over it and I was super embarrassed when others commented on it.

I started getting electrolysis years ago. Let me just tell you that all electrologists are not created equal. I had two crappy ones for years and less than a year ago I found a good one. Now I go every 3 weeks for 10 minutes to have her try to dig out any ingrown hairs and zap any strays she might find. I could prob go once a month though. I haven't had her work on my 'stache. Those hairs are finer and my upper lip is more sensitive. I let her do my upper lip twice and it was really painful and then I ended up with hyper-pigmentation. So I had these dark spots everywhere that she had zapped and plucked. So even though the hair was gone, I still had dark marks which created a "shadow." It sort of defeated the purpose. So now I wax my lip and pluck the darker hairs at the sides.

I realllllllllllly want to get my under arms done though. I shave those but the hair there is really coarse and dark. And most of them are twins. Seriously over 90% of all my underarm hair is two hairs coming out of one hole. Ugh. Waxing hurts and those suckers grow back so quick. They are so dark that they are noticeable long before they break through my skin. I wish I could shave them everyday but my skin is sensitive there. I want these bad boys GONE. But I'm afraid it will hurt too much to get electrolysis there.
Learning 2 Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 331/324/150

Height: 5'4

Default Oh my soul!!!!

I am so glad im not alone here!!!!! I have been a "bearded lady" for pretty much the last 5 years. In high school someone made a comment about my blonde mustache. I was so disturbed by the comment that I went home and immediatly shaved it. That was a horrible idea! It came back black. After going a little too far shaving my mustache I eventually ended up shaving my whole beard area. Now I have to shave every morning. Its horrible. I feel like a man. I cant go without coverup because I have razor burn and red bumps. The coverup covers the redness but not the bumps. People still stare at them sometimes. It bugs the poo out of me. I want to just come out and say "yes I am a fabulous female with facial hair, Now stop staring!!!!" I have decided that after I get down to my goal weight I will be treating myself witha permanent hair solution no matter the cost. Kind of like a praise gift for myself!!!!!
Avasterme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 230/218/150

Default Seriously!

Okay, we are mammals and are covered in hair. I too am hairy other places besides my face ( belly, armpits, two or three on the old nip areas((YAY!!))). I have been married and have had a couple of serious long term boyfriends, all of whom seemed unconcerned, one of whom preferred it! So, yes there are many men who I believe could care less! I had an intern at an ER ask me once if I had had my testosterone checked and I was mortified! I was about 17 at the time. My mother, a nurse, said to her that my blankety testosterone was fine and that she should be more concerned with my possible appendicitis! It was memorable.
Lacyt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

I know my husband doesn't care, he's seen me skinny (well, skinnier), pregnanet fat, non-pregnant fat, drunken ugly, sober stupid ugly and he's seen me at my best. However, my issues and self consciousness regarding the facial hair goes beyond my relationship with my husband. After some thinking about it lately, I've realized it's seriously impacted my life; previously I was far more social and out going. Now I hide, I have to make sure my ritual is complete before leaving the house, even to grab coffee. I constantly carry make up on me just in case. Despite all of this though, it's still visible, the "shadow". Therefore, I've just withdrawn.

I got my first treatment done today and initally I was quite mortified to have someone looking so closely at THAT area. When we asked me to raise my chin up so she could see better I did mention that it was difficult for me to do so because I'm always trying to hide. She was very sympathetic and made me feel much more comfortable and less freakish. Although I was more comfortable than I thought I would be, I was shockingly emotional. This issue has caused me so much grief, the thought that I'm actually doing something about it opened a flood gate I didn't even know existed.

I feel for you ladies because I understand.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 230/218/150

Aw, Muffin! Huggss!!
Lacyt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:28 AM   #39  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

well i don't know where you find them, but guys open like that are hard to find here where i live. :/

song of surly- yes i think i have pcos because my period is very irregular and i have almost all of the symptoms of pcos. i'm affraid to go to the doctor because i know that she'll confirm it. i think it runs in the family, my sister also had some cysts and problems with ovaries.

OMG!while i was writing this post i was listening to something on youtube when this add opened up...it's hilarious just what we're talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q9e3vhJP2I
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #40  
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missunshine View Post
well i don't know where you find them, but guys open like that are hard to find here where i live. :/

song of surly- yes i think i have pcos because my period is very irregular and i have almost all of the symptoms of pcos. i'm affraid to go to the doctor because i know that she'll confirm it. i think it runs in the family, my sister also had some cysts and problems with ovaries.

OMG!while i was writing this post i was listening to something on youtube when this add opened up...it's hilarious just what we're talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q9e3vhJP2I

A doctor can do a lot to help you, though really you're already doing the first advice they'll give you: lose weight. Though, especially if you're showing insulin resistance, they will put you on Metformin probably. It's like one of the safest drugs on the market that you can take, and it does a world of good. It makes it possible for me to lose weight, even if it's slow.
Song of Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #41  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

i did lose weight and my period didn't return. i then regained half of it and now i'm trying to get to my healthy range. when i measured my sugar level it always showed normal or too low sometimes but i am planning to get me checked again when i return home. i've been putting it off for too long
also i don't think they give metmorfin in my country. only bc pills but we'll see
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #42  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I just get a few random chin hairs that always come back in the same spots. I have four of them, I think. I just pluck them out.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #43  
Susanjean

S/C/G: 186/170/130

Height: 5'2

I am fair,and seems as if my "beard" is heavier,now that I'm in my sixties. I also have tried various products,and got a terrible,red rash. What I have used recently that actually worked was the new Olay hair removal system. It has one for fine hair and one for course hair. It has a creme protectant you put on before the depilatory creme. It actually worked,minus a few remaining hairs,that I had to tweeze. I had no irritation from it. The hair seems to grow back even slower and even gets rid of sideburn hair. It's a little pricey(22.95) at Walmart,but cheaper than laser treatments!
susanjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #44  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

I had my fourth electrolysis session last Friday and I am LOVING the results. Barely any scarring, the swelling is gone, the hairs are GONE. I don't think that I'm completely finished but I think that the majority of the hairs (including all the ingrowns) are gone for good!

All for around $100. I'm so glad that I did it.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #45  

Yep, you are Not alone. Actually I think most women of Eastern European descent have the problem. I am having laser hair removal, but don't wait too long to have that done. It only works on dark hair, not gray or white.
Wildwood is offline   Reply With Quote