Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-04-2013, 04:23 AM   #31  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Well... i must say..I love shapewear. My mother forced me into buying a Bustier for under my wedding dress.. I guess others call them corsets. It sucked me in alright..unfortunately, i gained 25 pounds too much before my wedding and i was having issues keeping my bubbies in my dress. However..it did slim me out good..and in fact.. i liked it so much once i lost a bit more weight..that i started wearing it under my regular clothes..such as nice shirts or a dress..because it gave my saggy boobs a lift and slimmed out my tummy..gotta love the boning in those corsets! I also wear a shapewear butt garment..It starts at the upper leg and it goes high up on your tummy, up to your bra actually..so you have full coverage of your stomach and flabby back..and i must say..i loved that too! Actually could fit into smaller jeans one time because my tummy wasnt so far sticking out..i just slid right into those jeans..yep..gotta love em..

PS i think its sexy to wear a corset..has a very feminine appeal..My hubby cant complain either.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

I was also going to bring up that in the grand scheme of things it's only been fairly recently that women didn't always wear shapewear.

Personally, I don't wear it too much. Just to formal things even though I would like to wear them every day. I find the restriction comfortable and it makes me more confident. Honestly, I'd wear a steel boned corset every day if I could bend in it. They are very comfy to me. I'm very, very excited about finding something to suck me in for my wedding day because my dress is form fitting. Fully plan on wearing that under things other than my wedding dress

So no, I don't think it's cheating. We do plenty of other things to ourselves that could be deemed cheating if shapewear was labeled as such.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 152/cw 147/gw 135/ugw 130

Height: 5'7''

I don't wear it often, but will pull it out of I want to look extra nice or am worried about the way a piece of clothing is fitting. I don't think it's cheating - I think it's much more the norm now! I look at is an extra step to getting ready for a special event.
bubblybarrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 275/209/190

Height: 6'1

I think it is kind of a form of cheating. Since, you're going out in the public eye and looking smaller than you really are. Things are all mushed in underneath your clothing. I don't have an issue with shapewear. I used to wear it a lot but it got tiring with the tightness, it made me sweaty, and it's hard to put on. I just stopped wearing it. lol.
LadyP2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:28 AM   #35  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Well years ago my grandmother and mother were cheaters than because all women who were considered not" Loose women"wore girdles out in public.

My mom was a size 8-10 petite misses and weighed 106 lbs and 5 ft tall and wore what we consider shape wear. And was a 34 B and always wore a padded bra ,no nipples showing thru was acceptable.
So is wearing a Bra cheating ?? I don't think my Droopy Dog Boops would look too good in a Tshirt with nipples being visible ,after having kids and BF the girls are not as perky as the use to be !
I would rather wear shape wear than see people's butt cracks when they bend over ...that's just me...I believe in leaving something to the imagination.
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:03 AM   #36  

Personally I'm not a fan of it right now, because I'm still heavy enough that I don't feel it makes a noticeable difference. However, when I lose weight, you can bet I'll be all over it! Like many others that posted, I find the restriction comforting
thinkfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:03 AM   #37  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
Sounds like maybe you're one of the lucky ones who does not suffer from loose or saggy skin from weight loss. It doesn't matter what clothes I wear, my stomach makes it impossible to wear anything form fitting without it looking like a mess.
Same here! I have very bad stomach flopping and sagging... so much so that I later plan to have surgery to correct it. Match that to not much of a butt and super skinny legs and... well... you get the picture. I don't wear Spanx but found some really helpful tight leggings that I wear under my pants. It not only helps to hold things in visually but keeps it all from flopping around so badly.

Anyone who can lose a lot of weight without a few bags and sags which need a bit of help is VERY fortunate indeed
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:51 AM   #38  

I find it helps so much. I have a little extra to lose so it hides it up well. I currently use Janira. I haven't tried all of their line but I've been really pleased with the results so far. I thought I would feel like a stuffed sausage but it really does smooth. As long as you buy your size it should be fine even if it seems a bit small. I buy mine off of bbasiclingerie.com
alysway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #39  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

I don't think it's cheating unless you are using it instead of being healthier. But everyone here sounds like they do it while eating better and exercise, and if you like it, why not? I started using one ogvthose tummy tucking underwear things that go from the legs to under the bra. I bought it initially for the wedding just to keep everything in place. I like the shape it gives me, but it was also a bit of a "wake up" reminder for me. I don't like only feeling good when I use it. I'd like to get to a point where I don't feel like I have to rely on tummy tucking underwear to feel confident, but rather wear them only when necessary or for comfort.

So for me, I guess its kind of like cheating to wear one, but only personally. Because I rely on it to make me feel good instead of using it as a tool to accentuate a healthy self image.
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:22 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I definately don't consider shapewear "cheating." If you look at the links some posters have listed, most shapewear comes in some very small sizes, so it's not just the big girls who want their clothes to have a smoother fit. My belly is very out of shape due to surgery I had, so shapewear is a must when I dress up.
Wannabehealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:40 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Be your best, if Spanx makes you feel better, go for it. A lot of slender wear these too, it's not just for those of us who are obviously fighting the battle of the bulge lol. I try to walk around with my stomach sucked in a little for 2 reasons, for one because yeah it makes me look smaller, but also it is supposedly good for your abdominal muscles.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 250/199/125

Height: 5'1"

A quick point on corsets and every day wear. If you're going to wear a corset every day, be aware that it does have a bad effect on abdominal and core muscles. It's not a big deal if you wear them occasionally, but if its for most of your waking hours, you might want to throw some more abdominal exercises in to your day to compensate
vchan000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:36 PM   #43  

Hi,

I love shapewear, it keeps me tucked in in all the right place and it looks great under clothes....no lumps and bumps- smooth as a babys bum I dont wear it every day, but a good few days a week.
I would never be able to afford 85 on shapewear, but I have been buying mine from this plus size online shop called mybraoutlet - they do great bras and shaping pants, bodies etc for $10 or $15 and its fantastic quality.

Hope this helps, I dont know where you can get arm shapewear though
missmary1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:11 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I don't get the notion that shape wear is false advertising. Its not as though I'm advertising my body and I owe it to the world to properly set their expectation for what I look like naked.
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:32 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 276/257/200

I bought some shapewear after HS graduation after looking at graduation pics. I was appalled at how my fat rolls bulged in my graduation robe. It wasn't a long term solution, but something to help me feel better while I tried to lose the weight. I stopped wearing it though. In the summer, the heat was terrible and I was uncomfortable. Now I wear it while exercising at home! It lets me do jumping jacks and such without worrying about the painful fat bouncing my stomach does. Exercising was a lot harder without it.
JigglyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote