Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 01-25-2013, 01:14 AM   #16  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

NSV, the old navy pair now go all the way up my hips...no chance of bottoming for a few more inches though!

Back when I first joined 3FC the 20something group had a clothes exchange going on. I sent and received clothes from multiple people. I think it would be awesome to do that again. Not only is it a great opportunity for people low on cash to continue to lose despite not being able to afford a new wardrobe, bit it is very Eco friendly to reuse clothes instead of buying new and wasting resources.
Is 3FC against this type of thing going on, or is it something that one of us could potentially undertake with the blessing of 3FC?

Last edited by ghost; 01-25-2013 at 01:16 AM.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #17  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
NSV, the old navy pair now go all the way up my hips...no chance of bottoming for a few more inches though!

Back when I first joined 3FC the 20something group had a clothes exchange going on. I sent and received clothes from multiple people. I think it would be awesome to do that again. Not only is it a great opportunity for people low on cash to continue to lose despite not being able to afford a new wardrobe, bit it is very Eco friendly to reuse clothes instead of buying new and wasting resources.
Is 3FC against this type of thing going on, or is it something that one of us could potentially undertake with the blessing of 3FC?
I would love to do a clothing exchange. Heck, I'll send clothes off to anyone who wants them without anything in return (well, as long as they pay shipping. Can't afford to send clothes all over the world). Even after donating a bunch, I still have far too many plus size clothes lying around that I would love to send to someone who needs them.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 268/211-ish/maybe 150'ish?

Height: 5'2

I just bought 2 pairs of pants from Old Navy & got them in...same style & color of jeans, one in a size 18 that I've been wearing (in a different color & now they're falling off of me) & the other in a 16. Of course, I had to try to disappoint myself by going with the 16's first and you can imagine how big my eyes went when THEY FIT! Tried the 18's on, yup, way too big. I'm waiting until payday to return them but I'm almost tempted to get 14's when I exchange, simply because wearing the 16's all day at work caused them to relax a bit & by the end of the day, I was hiking them back up as well. I'm tickled half to death, considering I was in 26W's 2 years & almost 60 lbs. ago! 10 years ago, I wore Old Navy jeans religiously, size 18 in high school, and I was about 20 lbs. lighter then than I am now.
melsweetie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by melsweetie84 View Post
I just bought 2 pairs of pants from Old Navy & got them in...same style & color of jeans, one in a size 18 that I've been wearing (in a different color & now they're falling off of me) & the other in a 16. Of course, I had to try to disappoint myself by going with the 16's first and you can imagine how big my eyes went when THEY FIT! Tried the 18's on, yup, way too big. I'm waiting until payday to return them but I'm almost tempted to get 14's when I exchange, simply because wearing the 16's all day at work caused them to relax a bit & by the end of the day, I was hiking them back up as well. I'm tickled half to death, considering I was in 26W's 2 years & almost 60 lbs. ago! 10 years ago, I wore Old Navy jeans religiously, size 18 in high school, and I was about 20 lbs. lighter then than I am now.
14s!!!! Awesome for you!!! I was at Old Navy yesterday, their prices seem so much higher than when I could fit my butt in there last! I haven't been investing any $$ in clothes except at the Goodwill or places like Macy's if I have a coupon. Old Navy had some really cute Spring dresses that I was drooling over. Can't even believe I tried on some XL stuff and it fit!! This was all while I was strutting around in a pair of size 16s from my closet yesterday that I never expected to fit nevermind be able to wear!

Have so much fun at Old Navy, let us know what you find!!

Last edited by elvislover324; 03-03-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: typo
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #20  

I'm just thrilled to be able to wear ON again! I boycotted them until recently, starting when they took their plus sizes out of their stores & made them available online only. *I still say they need to put it back in stores: for a clothing company to have NO consistency in sizing...you really have to try things on!*
They definitely are way more expensive than they used to be but I caught them with all their jeans on for $19 online, & I purchased enough to qualify for free shipping. So there's that! lol Their shirts are horrible though. They're shapeless, make everyone look boxy whether it's a size 2 or 20 if you don't get a fitted shirt, and they're so thin that you're lucky to get 2 wears out of them before there's holes somewhere in them. Their jeans, however, always seem to last forever for me though. I did buy one shirt that I'm in LOVE with, and it's one of the active compression tanks...I just wish I'd got it in a size smaller to be a little more compressing! So kudos Old Navy, for your jeans & activewear. haha!
Old 03-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #21  

Also, I'm so glad you brought up Goodwill. If my favorite one wasn't almost an hour away, I'd be in there EVERY DAY. Up until recently, I haven't invested much in clothes...like, I'll go to consignment/thrift stores & my fav. Goodwill, and buy a whole new wardrobe for less than $75. Seriously! I still prefer to do that but that first time I put on my sz. 18 ON jeans in the Old Navy store...and I saw what kind of justice it was doing to my butt, LOL It was on! Plus, I work at Home Depot, and that job wears the **** out of some jeans with as much walking/climbing/lifting that I end up doing everyday.

Also, my last time I did the fat clothing purge (about a year ago)...someone started up a facebook yard-sale page for my part of NW Georgia & I listed my old but still good clothes on there & ended up getting about $60 out of everything to one girl (I ended up charging her like, $2-3 a shirt, and $4-5 per pair of pants...some still almost new! So it was a win-win for both of us!). Plus, it almost paid for my "new" wardrobe too. LOL
Old 03-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #22  

I've had that problem too in the past when I lost weight. Sizing is all over the place and even petite people have this same issue. I think Lucky or Marie Claire magazine this month has a photo array of real people wearing jeans and they are all around the same weight and some are even the same height. It is very interesting.

I look at it as just a number not a judgement. I try to find what looks good and what I feel good wearing. I have given up on what a size 16 or 12 should be because the designers make it so arbitrary. A true 16 is pretty meaningless so I don't get hung up on sizes.
1961tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:50 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 245/161/140

I went through the same struggle. I'm just now starting to fit into size 16 pants closer to the 200 and less mark. A lot of this has to do with the inches around your waist - not weight. Pants 18+ are usually stretchy and more forgiving. At 245 I was pushing a 20 and heading toward a 22. Grab the tape measure and start researching sizes ad fits on websites. It'll help you keep track of how close you're getting!

Last edited by Scondy; 03-04-2013 at 02:51 AM.
Scondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:10 AM   #24  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Oh i hate sizing!

I was in a 24 penningtons Jean when i weighed 315. I hit the 290's and managed to jump into a tight 20..I have been in my size 20 forever!!! Like so much so that they will wear out before i even get to an 18...I am now around 284 and still cant fit my 18.. I think the last time i wore them I was probably around 260..I know my "Normal" clothes which are size 15 from Bluenotes Jeans, fit when i was about 258. I will be lucky if i ever fit into a size 14 or 12 again..one can dream i guess..

My issue is the muffin top..Im pretty distributed for fat around my body..my bum is always the first to go, then the boobs and legs and then finally the arms and stomach..but that stomach persisits..and its just not cool to have a muffin top at my age anymore..So until that leaves..i guess it will be size 20 for awhile.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 275/209/190

Height: 6'1

I have noticed that many different types of brands, etc. will fit differently. Some 18's are bigger than other 18's, longer, stretchier, tighter, and the rise is different on some of them. It all contributes to how it will fit. I'm in a size 18 myself and my mom gave me a pair of size 16 jeans from American Eagle and I can fit them perfectly. So.....It just depends.
LadyP2013 is offline   Reply With Quote