Loose skin idea?

• I was talking with my mom about all the loose skin I have all over my body and how it is wrinkled and saggy. Gross I know, but it is an issue after the majority of my weight loss. Her suggestion - try rubbing on some anti aging cream. I went to the store and purchased some, and I am anxiously awaiting to see if it works. I will try to keep everyone posted and maybe I'll even try taking a few pictures to post in case I have positive results.... Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
  • What kind did you use? I know so of that stuff is priced like gold itself. If you were rubbing it all over your tummy that would really cost!
  • Unfortunately, there are no miracle creams or lotions that will reverse the loss of elasticity in your skin. It's permanent. Aside from surgery, toning will do wonders to help with the appearance of the skin. Do you do any weight lifting? I don't want to discourage you from trying the anti-aging creams. At the least it will help keep the firm skin you have firm. Doesn't hurt to try but also just have realistic expectations in mind.
  • I have some free trial sizes of firming cream I've been putting on my upper arms - no visible results yet. But I don't need them on my face, so might as well use them somewhere.
  • I am using Olay Regenerist Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Skin Cream. A little goes a long way and it was on sale at Walgreens this week. I will post here again in a couple weeks and give you guys an update.
  • Skin can take up to 3 years to shrink up, so if your weight loss was fairly rapid, it will take your body time to re-absorb the skin. You might think it's the cream, but it's not. It's time and mother nature.
  • 3 YEARS??? I was told 1 year by the Medifast Mafia. Darn - I have a tattoo planned for my arm/shoulder, but I want to wait until the skin has done all the shrinking it will do. Guess I'll have lots of time to refine the design.....
  • Quote: Skin can take up to 3 years to shrink up, so if your weight loss was fairly rapid, it will take your body time to re-absorb the skin. You might think it's the cream, but it's not. It's time and mother nature.
    Well this is somewhat good to hear i have lost 100pounds now and well my stomach and thighs are just gross. I am trying to tone it up with some weight training now
  • Not to get your hopes up too much. After 2-3 years (it's very individual) it won't shrink up any more than it already has. It doesn't mean that all the skin will shrink up. I will have loose skin forever unless I have surgery, which will not happen as my loose skin while ugly, it isn't gobs and it doesn't interfere with my life in any way.