Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 01-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/217/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Need to find long t-shirts for ta-ta's

I wear a 40DD bra. And the fullest part of my chest - it measures 48" round. I normally wear 1X and sometimes a 2X in tops. I have shopped at Lane Bryant, Avenue and Old Navy - because they have my size and I can try things on in person. If I buy even bigger sizes then the rest of the shirt will look like a very large square box. I need something to wear to the gym so that my belly doesn't constantly flash people when I walk around. I'm very self conscious of it. Any tips for an online store that might have longer t-shirts? Friends just don't understand how much these ta-tas pull the shirt up. I keep telling myself if I can lose even 50 pounds, I really really think I will have breast reduction. I can't stand big boobs!
chickadee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #2  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Try tall girl or long tall Sally. I'm an H cup and I have a very long torso so shirts are always way too short. Tall girl goes to 2X, or at least they did when I was shopping there.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

LOL. I have 34H-J. I have this issue too. Bootlegger or Bluenotes sell longer shirts. Also band shirts don't tend to ride up either. But I don't know what country you're in but generally most jean type stores will have longer shirts. Bootlegger and Bluenotes don't carry plus size though but thats where I get mine. No idea about plus size stores but if they sell jeans they should also have longer t shirts.
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

JMS works for me, Champion.

Or how about a "belly band?" Sew one up or just get one. It's made for maternitywear to deal with the shirt gap prob cause by pregnancy but so what? Boob caused gap, tummy caused gap -- gap is gap! I just kept wearing mine as layering pieces pregnant or not! So handy! Nobody has to know it isn't a tank top.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 01-08-2013 at 02:01 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I was looking for longer shirts to wear with yoga pants I got for Christmas. I had luck with tunics from Roaman's. Just read the reviews for whichever you choose as some of their shirts run big. http://www.roamans.com/clothing/Soft...s&StyleNo=2810 I have this one in the blue, and I got it for my Mom in the green. Very comfortable and pretty. I'm a pear shape and it comes down to the top of my thighs.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #6  
Slightly Insane

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Height: 5' 7"

I was just about to post this! This is my biggest issue when buying clothes. Even if they fit in the right place in the store I know they will shrink no matter how I wash them.

Apparently most designers think that overweight means extra short as well.
SciFi Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 232/217/145

The sad part is that I've tried to by mens shirts - and even the XXL in a mans shirt can be too tight. I might have to suck it up and get the belly band thingy. Old Navy did have a pair of yoga pants with a wide band that covered the belly - but it was in a floral print and the pants were solid color - so everyone thought it was my underwear.
chickadee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #8  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Default re:

I was a 40D when I started and now I'm a 36B, so there is hope with weight loss.

I used to buy most of my shirts and land's end. If you search there for tunic, the longer ones will show up.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I tend to have that problem because I'm smaller, but have a large chest. Usually I wear long tanks as undershirts, then the t-shirt over it.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote