Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 12-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251.5/162/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Replacement for the Lane Bryant Cotton Boost Plunge bra

Has anyone who wore the LB Cotton Boost Plunge bra & then lost weight & sized out of LB found a replacement? I like the fit (cut low on top like a demi), padding (mostly at the bottom of the cup for lift but with some all over for modesty), & cleavage (makes my saggy girls actually look good). I was hoping another devotee may have already found a good replacement. I also need it to come in 34H--I know this limits a lot of my options. Anybody? I could probably get the LB bra now in 36DDD, but in another 2 months I really won't be able to wear the LB bras--perhaps the only negative to losing weight . I seem to be consistently losing in band size, but my cup size is staying the same.
amyk0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:33 AM   #2  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Honestly I'd like to know about this too; I loved that bra! It was one of the last bras I owned from Lane Bryant.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:08 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

How about something like this:
http://www.barenecessities.com/wacoa..._-Wacoal853204

Honestly, me and LB bras never got along. I buy most of mine from BareNecessities. Anita is one of my favorite brands but Le Mystere is good too.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/161/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyk0202 View Post
Has anyone who wore the LB Cotton Boost Plunge bra & then lost weight & sized out of LB found a replacement? I like the fit (cut low on top like a demi), padding (mostly at the bottom of the cup for lift but with some all over for modesty), & cleavage (makes my saggy girls actually look good). I was hoping another devotee may have already found a good replacement. I also need it to come in 34H--I know this limits a lot of my options. Anybody? I could probably get the LB bra now in 36DDD, but in another 2 months I really won't be able to wear the LB bras--perhaps the only negative to losing weight . I seem to be consistently losing in band size, but my cup size is staying the same.
Hey there! I love Lane Bryant bras as well. I have only had great experiences with them! Yes, the losing weight is an issue. My suggestion would be to keep out for the sales - especially after Christmas. There are so many bras that will be on sale that it won't matter if you make the smaller investment. I would definitely try the 36DDD. Or, there are other wonderful stores out there that offer options. I'd definitely go talk to these places now rather than waiting until you're super uncomfortable.
Scondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 251.5/162/140

I am bumping this thread back up. For you ladies who also liked the Lane Bryant Cotton Boost Plunge bra, I've found 2 bras that are similar:

1) Freya Deco Nude Moulded Half Cup Bra http://www.freyalingerie.com/lingeri...px?colour=nude

It's kind of scratchy in the beginning because the straps are textured but gets softer. The texture is actually a good thing because there is no slippage after you adjust the straps. That was one of my big complaints in the LB bra--the straps never stayed adjusted. It seems to run pretty true to size & runs from 28D-38F (UK sizing). Luckily, I've lost more weight since last time I posted & can now fit into a 34F instead of 34H. It's a demi cup, so not full coverage (good for my deflated tops). The center gore does come up quite a bit more than the LB Cotton Boost Plunge. It gives great support & it is a padded, push-up like the LB bra. The push up is not as extreme as the Cotton Boost, but the girls are definitely lifted.

2) Parisa Fe Body Veil Push-Up Bra PT1025 http://www.herroom.com/parisa-fe-pt1...h-up-bra.shtml or http://www.barenecessities.com/paris...ParisaFePT1025

This is my new go-to bra. I just got it today & so far I LOVE it. It is also a padded, push-up bra. Still not as extreme as the Cotton Boost, but has great lift which is what I'm after. From searching around, it looks like it comes in sizes 32D-44G (US sizes). In this one, I needed a 34G. It is more of a plunge type bra--the center gore is very short like the Cotton Boost, so you could wear it with very low cut shirts if you want & have good cleavage. The cups are not full coverage, which is what works best for my shape. One of the best things, is that this bra is cheap! Only $38! I hate spending $80 on a bra. It also comes in the same style as non push-up model #PT1042, so make sure you're getting the one you want if you order.

I have not "popped out" of either of these bras even with vigorous exercise--lots of bending over & jumping (not at the same time ). They are not sports bras by any means, but you don't have to worry about any wardrobe malfunctions.
amyk0202 is offline   Reply With Quote