Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/150/139. Ultimate Goal:132

Height: 5'6

Talking Has "getting thin" made you a SHOPAHOLIC??

Obviously I'm THRILLED to be at a normal weight. The ONLY downside that I can think of is I've become SUCH a shopaholic. I never was able to wear cute clothes before, so for the past year, I've been discovering what I've been missing all my life, maybe a bit TOO much!!! I'm buying clothes ALL THE TIME, and have more cute going out clothes than I have events to wear them to. Mind you, I'm in my early 20's so shopping/heels/mini dresses/jeans have become heaven for me!!

Is anyone else breaking their bank because shopping has become fun???
GotothegymOKAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #2  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Yes, and I'm much, much older than you are. I went to the nearby outlets on Monday and filled some holes in my fall/winter wardrobe (I really did need tops) so now the shopping simply must end. I have enough! I don't need to buy everything that fits!!

Still, it's a lot of fun.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #3  
Happy Member

Me, too. And I'm probably older than everyone else here at 3fc.

Vanity is a part of the female mystique, and I certainly enjoy buying new clothes. I like the way they feel on my body, I like the colors, the textures, the smells of newness. As an individual who was 'pudgy' all of my adult life until I got serious about losing the weight while in my 70s, I'm enjoying myself these days. It's better to spend money on a pretty new blouse than to spend it on fast foods, isn't it? I think so, and I'm having fun.

Last edited by JoJoJo2; 09-05-2012 at 08:16 PM.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

OMG!!! YES!!I should be on "Hoarders: after the weightloss"! I buy clothes (especially sundresses when they're on clearance) like it's my job! Actually, its pretty much anything on clearance, partly because I "need" clothes and partly because I can't believe those sizes fit me!
dancingirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Oh! Yes ! I went on the Mother of ALL Shopping trips after reaching goal.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #6  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Yes.

I've gotten better, but put a sale sign in front of me and I lose it. Especially since what seems to be left over in the super discounted clearance is always my size now.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

Yes, I have gone through periods of shopaholism since I have lost weight. I went through a phase where I would almost buy everything that fit. Now that I have a bigger wardrobe, I am pickier about what I buy.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotothegymOKAY View Post
Obviously I'm THRILLED to be at a normal weight. The ONLY downside that I can think of is I've become SUCH a shopaholic. I never was able to wear cute clothes before, so for the past year, I've been discovering what I've been missing all my life, maybe a bit TOO much!!! I'm buying clothes ALL THE TIME, and have more cute going out clothes than I have events to wear them to. Mind you, I'm in my early 20's so shopping/heels/mini dresses/jeans have become heaven for me!!

Is anyone else breaking their bank because shopping has become fun???

Yes, yes, yes!!! And I'm in my 50s, not my 20s. I'm having a midlife clothing crisis, buying stuff like turquoise skinny jeans and a two-piece magenta bathing suit. I've also bought several funky dresses and jackets with ruffles, asymmetrical pockets, etc.

It's funny this post should appear today, because I just made a resolution not to buy ANY clothes for a whole year. (I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I probably spent at least $7,000 on clothes over the past year, so I need to rein it in.)

Freelance
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #9  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

hey, definitely!! it's nice to be able to actually CHOOSE clothes as opposed to just buying what fits too right? also, there's a giant expanse of choices now too!!

my closet is BURSTING, and i still keep some of my bigger dresses and shirts too for some reason, well actually- since the whole "oversized" look is in- my friends casually refer to my closet as Narnia. lol
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

I don't know that I am a shopaholic now, but I don't hate buying clothes the way I used to. I used to have to buy clothes only through mail order because I was too big even for the plus size specialty stores. Now I can shop in the Woman's size department and am closing in on the Misses section
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #11  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Oh lord, I was a shopaholic prior to losing weight and I'm even more of one now!

Nothing stops this chick from looking hot.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Yep--indeed! Like Stimkovs said, it's so nice to buy clothing because it's in style rather than because it fits. Trying to shop at off-price stores, and use discounts, whenever possible. But I really love the things I've gotten, and feel like they're well chosen. It's funny how losing weight can even make me want new shoes and accessories, though!
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 175/150/139. Ultimate Goal:132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Souza View Post
. I went through a phase where I would almost buy everything that fit. .
This has DEFINITELY been me. I was so used to things looking awful, so now since everything looks good, I assume that it should be purchased LOL
GotothegymOKAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:43 AM   #14  
Carrots? Meh...

So far I've avoided buying clothes since I have about 30+ pounds to go, but I have been hoarding other girly things - new makeup, perfume and earrings, lots and lots of earrings! A girl has to start somewhere, right?
Silly Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:58 AM   #15  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I.just.can't.stop.shopping.

its that bad.
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote