Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 11-05-2012, 05:45 AM   #31  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

I have always seen the benefits of being a not very hairy person....until now. I am 46 and have almost no lady bits hair anymore.........it is NOT funny despite what my husband says!!!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #32  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

There are some of us "blessed" with the amazonion jungle syndrome in that area that would kill to have that problem!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:38 AM   #33  
05/01/2023

S/C/G: 232.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'6"

I have thick, dark brown arm hair. In high school, I would get called names like sasquatch or teen wolf but I never shaved it because my mom would tell me that it would come back thicker. I hate wearing short sleeve shirts and always try to cover up my arms and hands. A couple weeks ago, I heard about an in-home laser hair removal machine called Silk'n Sensepil so I did some research and it seems to get decent reviews. I'm so fed up with my hairy body that I decided to buy it. It usually sells for around $500 but I found it on eBay for $150 and it came with an extra light cartridge. I got it last Thursday and shaved my arms for the first time ever so I could use the machine. At first, it was really strange (in a good way) to have soft, smooth arms. I love it. I can't wait until the hair stops growing back. It's kind of itchy right right now as the hair grows back. The instructions that came with the Sensepil says to use it every 2 weeks for 2 months and then 3-4 weeks for another 6 months and then whenever the hair grows back or every 6 weeks for the next 18 months. I've only done one treatment so far on lowest setting but I can already see some spots where the hair stopped growing. The Silk'n Sensepil is expensive. You need to buy light cartridges which cost around $40 per cartridge and it takes 1 cartridge to do your entire body (arms, underarms, legs, bikini, face). If I do my entire body, I figured that I will need around 10 cartridges which is an extra $400 on top of what I paid for the machine. However, $600-$900 is a lot cheaper than the thousands of dollars a professional company would charge me. I hope it works but if it doesn't, I can always sell it on eBay and get some of my money back. I think it is worth it to give it a try.
AllyG47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:42 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

As a hairy woman; Yes I shave my arms. However, I shave only where my tattoo is located. But it's nothing wrong with shaving the hair there.
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 210/185/175

Height: 5'10''

A lot of people shave their arms. Most swimmers shave their whole body, and usually bodybuilders shave everything as well. Its not weird, do what ever makes you happy.
mclark12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

I use VEET on my legs weekly year round. I use it on my arms in the summer when I wear short leeve shirts. I havenoticed on both my arms and legs with regular use of VEET the hair on my arms and legs is thinner and finer.
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 298/248/158

Height: 5'7"

I've never shaved my arms, although I have considered bleaching the hair on them during the winter months when it's more noticeable. I don't think I could be bothered keeping up with shaving my arms- I only do my legs because my legs touch each other more than my arms do, and it's a nicer feeling to stubble.

I have to say, I've never once looked at another woman and thought 'gross, look at her dark arm hair'. I think people should do what feels right for themselves.
FerrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #38  
Days Go By So Quickly

S/C/G: 194.4/174.2/160

Height: 5'6"

I have been battling with arm hair for EVER. When I was a kid in high school, kids used to throw duct tape on my arms and rip it off. So yeah I've tried everything. I found that shaving them is the WORST thing you can do. It comes back thicker and more coarse. My opinion (if you can afford it) wax. Dont nail or cream hair removal because you will burn the inside of your fore arms and the napes of your elbows.
BleuMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

I have a love/hate relationship with my body hair.

basically to me it appears dark, noticable and excessive... but I am prone to staring at myself under bright lights and picking up on every flaw (I was that teen who spent hours staring in the bathroom mirror - focusing on what's wrong)

My mum is a good dose of reality for me - she doesn't pander to me, if I look like crap she'll tell me (I am prone to being very pale, if she thinks i need make up she tells me) so she doesn't make me feel like she's saying it just because she's my mother...

I obsess over my leg hair, but in all honesty it's barely noticable even when I haven't shaved in a few weeks. Heck I did waxing once and the woman said to me "Where's your hair?" meanwhile I hadn't shaved in like 8 weeks.

I feel the same way about my arm hair, but my mum shaved hers when she was a teen and the hair grew back really weird... (like instead of laying against the skin it all sticks up or something)... plus I have TONS of moles/freckles that would severely hinder shaving (or cause me to bleed a lot)

sometimes I think I'm very weird for the things I obsess over...
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Shaving anything is fairly normal, for men or women. Why shouldn't you make minor corrections like that if it makes you feel better about yourself?

Myself, I have almost NO hair anywhere on my body. I have never shaved my legs (I turn 25 next month) and shave under my arms once ever 2 months or so. But I have a large mane of hair on my head! weird.

My fiance 'manscapes' and I just love it. Also he hates chest hair, so he freaks out and tweezes any he finds on himself.

Long story short: anything goes with hair.
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote