Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

I have severely dry skin, always have. I have a daily routine of olive oil, head to toe before I dry off getting out of the shower. Vaseline extreme dry skin (or something like that) in a tube at work that I use on my hands throughout the day, CeraVe in the jar on my legs usually when I get home from work, and finally Mary Kay extra emollient night cream on my face and hands before going to bed. The routine keeps my skin from going crazy, however, there is no cure for stretch marks.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:53 AM   #17  

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

Height: 5'7

I make a homemade lotion, using one body of johnson's baby lotion , one tub of vasoline, and one bottle of vitiman e. I mix those all with a electric mixer. This stuff is awesome for dry skin. I also put this on my feet at night and sleep with socks on.
suepatrick2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:00 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 172/172/152

Height: 5'3"

I have been using coconut oil on my whole body, even my face (at night at least). It's a solid at room temp but turns liquid when you rub it in your hands. It isn't heavy and isn't too greasy. My skin really soaks it up. I got a big tub of it at king sooper's for like 7 bucks or something. Love it!

Last edited by wickedlady; 04-19-2012 at 08:05 AM.
wickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 282/TICKER/140

Height: 5'6.5

Try the Soap and Glory hand cream, 'Hand Food', it smells amazing and doesn't leave your hands too greasy! I have a tube by my bed, in my handbag and a small one in the pocket of my work jacket! Love the stuff!

Try covering your hands in the cream then popping on some cotton gloves for a little while - maybe for an hour whilst you watch TV in the evening? It should make your hands feel nice and soft

Last edited by aseret123; 04-19-2012 at 10:07 AM.
aseret123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #20  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I have "normal" skin, but the more I age, the drier it gets, and sometimes it's just down right flaky! UGH.

My routine includes DRY SKIN BRUSHING with a natural fiber skin brush. The skin is the largest elimination organ. It can release up to a pound of waste each day!!

I dry-brush my entire body before showers (preferably in the morning.) I start with my feet and always brush "upward" toward the heart. Brisk circular motions or long, even strokes, or both. I brush a bit lightly on sensitive areas like breasts and more firmly on areas like soles of the feet. (I avoid brushing anywhere the skin is broken or where there's a rash, infection, cut or wound.)

Then I shower. I use a mild body soap with oatmeal, or just simple Dove.

After shower, before drying off, I use Avon's Skin So Soft. Then I PAT dry, I don't "rub dry" with my towel. THEN I use a mixture of Pure Aloe Vera Gel, a lotion formulated for dry skin (something with coconut, olive oil, cocoa butter, etc.) and a little more Avon SSS.

This literally keeps my skin BABY SMOOTH. And of course, thru-out the day, anytime I feel "dry" I just use a body lotion to combat that ickyness.

For my hands, I use Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Therapy Lotion. It's very THICK and CREAMY and MOISTURIZING.

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 04-19-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #21  

I definitely second the Eucerin recommendation. The Daily Defense hand creme is really great for dry hands. You can also try putting a layer of Aquaphor on your hands and then a pair of gloves before you go to sleep at night. It does wonders for my hands (works for feet too!). Good luck!
ADelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 132/116.6/114

Height: 5'2"

I have super dry skin and eczema, and have discovered that I need to get away from anything with a mineral oil/paraffin/petrochemical base because that just irritates it even more. I discovered MooGoo creams, soap and lotion and am really loving them. They are an Aussie company although I understand you can buy them in USA.

I use the milk wash for my face and flare ups of eczema, and the oatmeal body bar in the shower. I've also started using their MSM Soothing Cream (with organic sulfur) after bathing. As a general moisturiser and hand cream I use the Eczema and Psoriasis Balm... it has aloe, chamomile, almond oil, olive oil and is very soothing. Wish I'd discovered these a lot sooner but now I am a total convert. Best of all it's not tested on animals.

www.moogoo.com.au
Precious Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #23  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Everyone has made such excellent reccomendations! I am going to try a few and see what works best for me. Might try the moogoo first since I have sensitive skin, the neutrogena, a a few others sound great too! Thanks everyone
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #24  
Changing for the better

Hmm eucerin and aquaphor sound good as well!
Old 04-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #25  
Changing for the better

Wow beachpatrol, have have a routine down pat!! My skin is flaky, do you use a natural hair brush on your skin? This sounds intriguing. I am 28 but some of my skin looks much older!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #26  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffNeedsChange View Post
Wow beachpatrol, have have a routine down pat!! My skin is flaky, do you use a natural hair brush on your skin? This sounds intriguing. I am 28 but some of my skin looks much older!
The brush I use is a natural fiber brush, made for skin.

earth therapeutics makes a good one ~ it has a long handle that you can reach your back with. about $6-$10 at WalMart or Bed Bath & Beyond.

Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 153/147.6/130

Height: 5'4"

After every shower I use Cetaphil moisturizing cream on my legs, arms, feet and about everywhere else I can reach. I also like Dermadoctor KP duty for my arms and feet.

I also use regular Cetaphil lotion on my hands after almost every time I wash my hands.

My mother has sensitive skin and she really likes aquaphor.
LilacGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #28  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

My hands get super dry, even worse in the winter. Aquaphor and Bag Balm are great, but greasy - best for night time. Bag Balm has an odd scent, but I don't mind it.

For day, I adore Philosophy's Amazing Grace and Pure Grace scented hand creams, but I already love those fragrances. My cheap favorite is Carmex cream - only $6 at Walgreens.

Badger Balm makes some great smelling oils, and they sink in quickly. I try to put them on my hands and elbows at bedtime, but they're really nice right out of the shower, too.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:54 AM   #29  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Drugstore-wise, Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Butter line is fine. I use it when I can't afford my holy grail brand.

What I really swear by for dry skin issues is Clarins Moisture-Rich Body Lotion with Shea Butter. It is beyond amazing. Apart from getting rid of dry, peely skin, it keeps hands, elbows, knees and heels really soft; it saves my pedicure (the soles of my feet stay soft), and it helps the skin on my breasts look more supple and less wrinkly. I wouldn't say it helps with stretch marks, although shea butter is supposed to help with scarring, but it's my #1 beauty staple and I find myself going without other things just so I can afford it.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #30  

Height: 5'1"

My advice is to take shorter showers and use warm, not hot water. Don't wash off the oil you already have on your skin. I am using Gold Bond ribbons right now and I love it. It goes on well and soaks into the skin easily and it smells lovely. I'm a nurse and hospitals are very drying. It helps.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote