Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Large cups and different brands in how they fit

So, today it was a lot chillier than I expected, so I went to the mall and looked at bras instead of taking a walk like I iniitally planned.

I really need new bras, so I went looking to see what they had at Macy's. I was quite surprised to see a few 34Gs. I tried one on by Wacoal and one by Lillyette.

I've come to the conclusion that Wacoal does not fit my body/breast well at all. AND... in both brands I can see that I am no longer a G cup. Hallelujah! I am a DDD at least with Wacoal and Lillyette. YET... I'm wearing a 34G right now by Mia (picked up at Off Saks) and the 34G by Chantelle I have is 'maybe' a wee bit big in the cups too - I don't fill out the top part of the cup as much as you should.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that cup sizes differ from brand to brand too, but I am a bit surprised - like I was surprised at the differences in swimtops DD at the mall store too. Seriously - can't any size by more standardized?

Now I REALLLLLY don't know what size to order for a swimsuit bra top. Several sizes - obviously.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #2  

Who should they be standardized for?

Wacoal fits me great.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, I think that a DD should fit the same amount of boob across the board. Otherwise why call it a DD?

That they have different shapes makes sense as we are all built differently, but if your underbust is 34 and overbust is 40, what cup size I wear should be the same no matter what manufacturer... Unless, of course, (as a light bulb is going off now), every DD or G will fit each woman differently based on their boobie shape.

And our boobs are shaped very differently.

Mine are like a cross between has beens (such a nice name) and hot water bottles. The tissue is not up top. I have very little tissue AT ALL up top. It's skin and bones - I look almost flat chested at the 'boob' spot when I'm not wearing a bra now that I've gotten thinner.

I guess someone much perkier than me would wear the same cup, but would fill it quite differently and perhaps even a different cup size depending on all of that too.

Who knew it was so complicated? Wacoal, for me, has WAY too much room up top and it's too wide for my breasts. But obviously it works well for many people as it's like the most common larger cup size company.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 03-16-2012 at 05:00 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote