Scalp exfoliation?

• I have issues with thin hair, and was looking at the Nioxin website today and read about scalp exfoliation. The Nioxin stuff can only be done at a Nioxin salon (none near me). I'd never heard of it before. Has anyone ever tried a scalp exfoliant before? What exfoliant do you use and where do you get it? Any benefits? Thanks!
  • Haven't tried Nioxin, but isn't exfoliation more for addressing dandruff issues, not thin hair? In case you're interested, here are a few suggestions that have helped me with thinning hair. I'm especially happy that the parts around my temples have grown back in, since they were looking really sparse for a while...

1. Have you had your thyroid checked lately? The instructions for labwork as given on stopthethyroidmadness.org are especially useful, even if you have previously been told there is no problem w/your thyroid (my hair began thinning due to previously undiagnosed thyroid disease and later when the Rxs weren't working properly).

2. Consider taking a Biotin (b-vit) supplement (or a Hair Growth vitamin and mineral formula to make sure you have your nutritional bases covered). If you read the reviews on Biotin at a place like Iherb or Vitacost, you'll see lots of people with thinning hair raving about it, too.

3. Brushing at least 100 strokes kind of hard with a Mason Pearson (or similar style) hairbrush daily (really gets bloodflow (nutrients) to the scalp to stimulate your hair follicles for growth).

Those three things have made a big difference for me. My hair is still dry, but it's a lot thicker than it was...

Good luck!