Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-09-2011, 06:49 PM   #61  
05/01/2023

S/C/G: 232.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'6"

I have a list of things I'm going to do when I get to goal. In no particular order:

Hair Cut and Color - I would like to cut my hair shoulder or chin length and get it styled. I'm only 28 but I have a lot of gray hairs so I need to start coloring it. I'll probably keep it pretty close to the original color but I might go a shade lighter.

Laser Hair Removal - Whenever I want to leave the house, I have to shave my face. My facial hair really kills my confidence. I also have a ton of dark hair on my arms that I would love to get rid of. Laser hair removal is expensive so I'm going to start with my face and arms. Eventually, I would love to do my legs too.

Bra Fitting - I am going to save up my money and get a professional bra fitting and buy some good quality bras. Right now, I buy those cheap bras that come in the box. They are the only ones that are comfortable. I think wearing the correct size bras will have a huge affect on my appearance.

Manicure/Pedicure - I haven't painted my nails in years because I never have time. When I get to my goal weight, I'm going to the spa and getting a manicure and pedicure. I've never had a mani/pedi before. I usually just cut and paint my nails myself and it never looks very good.

New Jeans - I'm buying myself new jeans that actually fit right. My jeans are usually too big, too tight or too long. I usually just wear my baggy jeans but that makes me feel frumpy. At goal, I'm going to buy myself some nice quality jeans and have them fitted by a tailor.

Tattoo - I've always wanted a butterfly tattoo. I think I'm going to get one on my arm (after laser hair removal) or back shoulder.

Makeup - I never wear makeup. I don't even own any makeup. I going to buy new makeup and start wearing it.

That's all I can think of right now. I might start doing some of this stuff right now. If I feel good now, I think it will help motivate me to keep going and lose the weight.
AllyG47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #62  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I am planning to change my hair color and style but not when I finish losing the weight. I decided a while back to not wait on the weightloss to do what I want now. Also plan4 more tattoos

A friend of my dIL's just had a hysterectomy so she could get a tummy tuck and the insurance pay for it...crazy. All because she said she had a pouch...we didn't see it but she knows her body.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:57 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 306/255/160

I used to think about all the things I would do when I lost the weight--dye my hair differently, get my nails done all the time, wear perfect make-up all the time, always wear heels...

I find the more I lose, the less I even want to do these things. Sometimes I don't even wear make-up at all, and I recently came to a point where I needed to re-touch my hair dye and I decided not to! It's like I'm starting to realize that I don't even need that stuff, I'm a lot more confident in my natural self. I used to be over-the-top when it came to my personal style, now I feel quite confident in the most simple of outfits. I think once I reach my goal I might be inclined to have any excess skin removed, and heck yes I'm going to be buying some new clothing! But I find the more I like myself just as I am, the less I feel the need to be overly "done up".

Except for my eyebrows. Those things will ALWAYS be sculpted to perfection! ;-)
swtbttrfly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Boob job. I've been somewhat flat chested all my life. The only time I wasn't "flat" was when I've been overweight or obese (aka now). I still have 50+ lbs to lose, and I've already gone down two cup sizes. I'm almost certain I'll be a B or A by the time this journey has reached it's end. I want bigger boobs!!!
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #65  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellofself View Post
I'm almost certain I'll be a B or A by the time this journey has reached it's end. I want bigger boobs!!!
You can have some of mine! I've never been thin, but I suspect I'll be lucky to be in a C at my goal weight.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:36 PM   #66  

Height: 4' 11"

I want to lose between 30-40lbs between now and say October or November and treat myself to jeans from either Hollister or The buckle. I would love breast reduction and a lift but I can hold off on that til I can afford it. My main goal is cute winter clothes!
Heather Lee 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #67  
Pretty much a total champ

S/C/G: somewhere near 215/175/145

Height: 5'5"

I don't know if different clothing counts as changing my appearance, but the second my massive thighs stop fighting with each other I'm going to go on a crazy dress and skirt shopping spree!
nomadiclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #68  
small goals

S/C/G: 241/171/150

One thing that helps motivate me is the nice fitting jeans in my future, no more long tops to cover the belly, have been growing my hair out already (not sure how long I will want it, but ditched the idea that a woman over a certain age should have short hair), plan on wearing the heels I already own (have dozens of shoes/boots purchased after I discovered internet shopping, and most are too uncomfortable at this weight, but they will be there when I ready for em!).
I even found a pic from the late 70s of my favorite model in jeans (I used the same pic for inspiration in my twenties), printed it and have it above my scale. So one of my plans when I reach goal will be to admire my butt instead of looking at it and cringing!!!!!
gonnadoitthistime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #69  
small goals

S/C/G: 241/171/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentarctic View Post
I am growing my hair, or hoping too, every time I get near a stylist they want to chop it and I feel like I'm starting all over again. I want shoulder length hair. And I'm trying to wear my makeup more often, I really just want to change my image, and weight loss is a part of that. Being active is a part of that, and taking care of myself in other ways is a part of that. I like being a more 'put together' person most days.

Oh, I feel for you, and have been there!!!! Even stylists who initially agree to only cut the bottom layer sneak in and start chopping in order to "even up". I quit going, let it grow, cut it myself (years of practice and lots of tips about hair cutting from stylists I knew and lots online about it). I only cut a little, after a wash and blow dry check it out, live with it a couple of days considering what else to cut, cut a little more etc). I don't really recommend it for others if they are in an area that has trained stylists. Where I live right now I have seen numerous stylists use the same implements on multiple clients without sanitizing them, rarely see any of them section the head off, and the cuts these that are popular around this part of the country are really outdated, require lots of products and several appliances to get them to look decent. It's not a good haircut if you need to manipulate the heck out of it to look ok (IMO).

Maybe you could go to a stylist, tell them before getting in the chair about getting chopped and ask them if they will ONLY CUT what you want cut and describe it to them. (That's what I am considering doing). I also plan on telling them to be prepared for me to scream if they start cutting anywhere else (if I get up the nerve).
gonnadoitthistime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:22 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

Why now that I think about it; I did! I use to always experiment with hair and make-up. One month I would have dark red hair and wear 'coon eye makeup, the next I would get highlights and lots of bottom-lid liner. I was always trying to draw people's eyes from my weight to my face.
But then after I just a lot simpler in my makeup and hair; I keep it dyed black for the most part (once I attempted some blue underneath, I still have to use one more box of dye to cover the horrible bleach job) and wear what, to me, is simple make-up. A little blush, powder to even things out, a little eyeshadow, top-lid liner, mascara, chapstick. Not the insanity that was before.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:40 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 135/128/107

Height: 5ft 2

Hmmm... well I REALLY love eye shadow and nail polish....so once I lose the weight...I'm going to buy it as a gift of congratulations to myself. I'd probably just wear it for special occasions... still.

As for clothing? Yah that's changing. It goes without saying that I'll be wearing cute clothing. I don't know why but I really love ruffled sleeveless tops. In purple. It has ruffles kinda going down the front in a V shape. Or one of them that have ruffles going horizontally down the length of the shirt. I've always wanted to get into one of those.

Not changing my hair. I love the layers- it's so cute and simple and does itself.
Sunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 280/see tracker/200

Height: 5'5"

I can't figure out what size my boobs will be when I get near goal weight because I have been overweight for most of my life. If they shrink below a medium C I will probably do a boob job, though. It sounds bad, but my boobs are something I have always liked about myself, so it will be depressing to lose that aspect. Hopefully I wont have to go that route though.

Basically I'm not against any plastic surgery once I'm done (to fix, not to enhance-i'm not remodeling my face or anything). I figure if I have worked this hard to lose it, I will do what I need to do to make myself comfortable. I'm not married and I don't have kids, so I have the means and ability to take care of me right now.

As for hair and that kind of thing, I am doing that throughout the process. I made an appointment for 2 weeks from now to get a body wave in my hair. It's kind of a reward to myself for being at the lowest I have been in 3 years. I find that as I lose more weight, I am already wanting to do more things to make myself feel better and look better.

However, a major shopping spree will be in order once I get to my goal weight.
somethingnew912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #73  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

I don't think it will affect my overall appearance that much, but I'd also like to get a college ring. I've wanted one since I was an undergrad, but can't see any sense in dropping $300-400 on a ring that would need to be resized by the time I get where I want to be.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:18 AM   #74  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

I want to get my phoenix tattoo (don't want to get it now - it wouldn't look good!) and maybe pierce my navel. I know it sounds silly at twenty, but I wanted one when I was younger, but never could because I had belly rolls. To me, a navel piercing is the ultimate "skinny girl" piercing.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #75  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Red face Lots of plans

I will definitely get myself some implants, but of the dental variety.

Shoes..... According to the physics fact book, "The high heel can exert more than 15 times the pressure of an elephant's foot." So with a little weight off, and a little pressure relief, I'll probably go buy some heels, and be able to walk in them more gracefully.

I'll spend good money on shellac nails as well.

And I want to guy buy a size Small in a thong. How ridiculous is that?
aka8941 is offline   Reply With Quote