Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Default Finally buying a Larger size

I have put off buying larger clothing for, like, three years now (I've gained about 30-35 lbs). I only have one pair of jeans and have been wearing more forgiving skirts and dresses. Last summer I bought myself some clothes because I lost weight (I now weigh 15lbs more than last summer).

I keep thinking that I will put off buying clothes till I lose weight, but this is ridiculous.

I'm just going to hunker down and buy the clothes, which I now calculated are four to five sizes larger than what I used to wear.

Maybe I have to accept the way I am before I can change it. I am so gonna buy a summer dress! WooHoo--double digit sizes! Disneyland, here I come!
Stopfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #2  
*Buttercup*

S/C/G: 342/208/145

Height: 5'5''

I just did this same thing. I hate buying clothes cause I'm always like "but I plan to lose weight.. so this is a waste of money!" well really you lose pants sizes pretty slowly, and shirts can still look nice if theyre a size too big. Also I can donate them. Or give them to a relative..

My boyfriend is coming to visit me. And I decided I rather have something nice to wear, that fits comfortably, even if I don't like what the tag says. Or feel uncomfortable because I'm not wearing a proper size, or wearing old boring clothes that don't make me feel good about myself!
mypinkpolkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #3  
Miss October

S/C/G: 153/116.2/120

Height: 5'2"

I can relate- I've held on to my "skinny" jeans for years...actually, I did finally weed out the too small clothes last year (now that I'm getting smaller again, go figure!).

But, one thing I know is that we all need to feel good in our clothes! Dress for the now, not the tomorrow- and you'll look thinner too!
CorinneIrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #4  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

I had to do that as well, in a different sense. I had a bunch of clothes that were too big from before I lost, a bunch of clothes that were way too small from when I was really sick with ED, and nothing that fit me. I'd been holding onto a size 0 pair of jeans from 2003 (probably at least 2 "sizes" smaller than a size 0 today), and I finally just accepted the fact that no matter how much I lose, I am NOT going to be able to wear those, because I would be very unhealthy. Plus, losing weight doesn't feel good if you're still trying to squeeze into clothes that make you look like nothing's happened. I gave the skinnies to my friend to wear as a hat. :-P
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote