Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 01-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #1  
Phil1:6

S/C/G: 253(old)/220(new)/ticker/170

Height: 6'

Default What to wear to Europe??

So I know its still a little far away, but I'm leaving for Europe March 11th and I have NO IDEA what to wear!! I still have to get shoes & some outfits- But the thing is Im only letting myself spend $200 on all supplies for Europe- including clothes, shoes, & other random stuff I need to pack. I've lost about 30lbs in the last 4 months, and my goal before I leave is to get into the high 190's. The things is, I still wear all my old clothes. Maybe they were super tight before & I was in denial, but they all still fit- which kinda sucks cause I wanted to be wearing newer cuter clothes for Europe (stealing my sisters clothes if I can fit into them by then is also an option since like I said I only have $200)
So the reason I'm on here is I am the LEAST stylish person EVER.
I do like to maintain modesty so keep that in mind for your ideas.
The weather is gonna be in the 50's as a high & 30's as low- and thats FREEZING to me coming from Arizona.
My wardrobe now consists of jean skirts, and t shirts... Mostly scrubs though cause Im working as a nurse & in nursing school.. Oh and LOTS of flip flops. I definitely need to buy shoes as well, which is another hurdle in itself cause I dont want heels (Im 6') and I have big feet - size 12W
SO here are a couple pictures of my normal "style", give me some tips PLEASE all you stilish chicks!!

Some horribly fitting, to big for me, baggy jeans- I will never wear these to Europe but I want you to see some of the atrocities in my cloest

DaughteroftheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I went to Europe in the month of May . I took only a couple of pairs of slacks, navy blue or black with an assortment of tops and a lightweight red jacket, my cousin traveling with me did the same except her jacket was beige. We each took only one pair of shoes (be sure they are comfortable) I took black Reebocks and she took Black Rockports. Black shoes can go anywhere and look a little more dressy than white sneakers and they are just as comfortable. Do not take too much as it will be a burden to pack around and now you may have to pay extra the more luggage you take. No one will care what you look like but stay on the conservative side.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I went to Europe in the month of May . I took only a couple of pairs of slacks, navy blue or black with an assortment of tops and a lightweight red jacket, my cousin traveling with me did the same except her jacket was beige. We each took only one pair of shoes (be sure they are comfortable) I took black Reebocks and she took Black Rockports. Black shoes can go anywhere and look a little more dressy than white sneakers and they are just as comfortable. Do not take too much as it will be a burden to pack around and now you may have to pay extra the more luggage you take. No one will care what you look like but stay on the conservative side.
True, great tips!! Thank you so much!!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/274/199

Height: 5'5"

I was also on a budget when I went, here was my game plan and it worked great for me:

1. Packed in mostly black and white, easy to mix and match diff. outfits.
2. Packed a couple easy to wear dresses. One piece of clothing = entire outfit. Hmm, with the temps you will be facing maybe not. Leggings? I HEART leggin's.
3. No jeans. Heavy and take up a lot of room in luggage.
4. Didn't pack so much for accessories, I bought them as suiveniers (sp) as I went.

My aunt did as the above poster and she looked smart and 'put together' for the entire trip.

HAVE FUN!

Last edited by BigBlueStar; 01-17-2011 at 01:47 PM.
BigBlueStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 168/165/125

Height: 5'3"

I would suggest dark skinny jeans w/boots or dark straight leg jeans w/flats, and some cute sweaters that can be layered over long sleeved tshirts or shells. (I found super comfy skinny jeans from ny&co that are thin, so they wouldn't take up much room, but they cover more than jeggings....i had to try a variety of sizes and styles, but there you go. they had cute sweaters too.) Sweaters can be reworn, and it's easy to smoosh tshirts into luggage. Oh, and scarves - everyone loves scarves!!
yoyoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:53 PM   #6  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

I've never been to Europe or anything, but if you could afford to, I'd recommend going with just the clothes on your back and do a little shopping while you're there. It'd be fun coming home with a whole new wardrobe!
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #7  

Great tips! I really dont want to buy too much new clothes, so Im going to see if I can find any cute stuff at thrift stores- just cause I plan on going down quite a few sizes in the hopefully near future!! Which, unfortunately will make it hard to buy myself any cute clothes while Im there- cause I'm not at goal & I dont know what size I will be when I get there! Accessories though, definitely!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 280/274/199

Height: 5'5"

PS True about the scarves!! SO easy add just a little 'umph' to whateva you are wearing. I bought a crap ton of scarves while in Europe, they were everywhere I went. (I think 18 was the count at the last country we visited. they were the most affordable and enjoyable souvenir for me)
BigBlueStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #9  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Comfortable Shoes.

Doesn't matter what else you wear, Comfortable Shoes are a must- you'll be walking 8-10 miles a day.

I like jeans because you can wear them for several days. Pack an umbrella. And travel underwear are nice because you can wash them in the sink and dry them on the towel heaters that will be in your hotel room.

Also- layers. In March it can be quite comfy, or cold, or rainy... but you'll be moving a bit and a heavy coat can make you too sweaty.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:14 PM   #10  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Where are you headed in Europe? What's your itinerary?

Are you going to spend much time in the capital cities, or are you going to be in the countryside mostly?

What kinds of things will you do?

I don't know about you, but I dress differently for a day in an art museum than I do for a day driving through the countryside, possibly hiking in some fields & maybe exploring ruins.

If you will be in the city, mostly, I'd say wear comfortable shoes that are NOT athletic shoes, if you can. What I mean is, not big white honking sneakers (or "trainers").

Also, black or very dark new jeans, skinny if you like that style.

I'd pack lightly & buy some things while you've over there, if that's within your budget & if being in shopping districts is in your itinerary.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #11  

I never take any jewelry when I travel just a watch and a simple pair of earrings such as pearl studs, You don't want to look like you are rich.I went to Rio de Janeiro once and the travel guide told me to leave my watch and other jewelry in th hotel safe, but that was Rio. I felt perfectly comfortable in Europe, mainly Norway, Denmark , The Netherlands and France. The only place I received any warning was in the Netherlands as they have a lot of pickpockets. Travel light , have a great time, enjoy yourself.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Where are you headed in Europe? What's your itinerary?

Are you going to spend much time in the capital cities, or are you going to be in the countryside mostly?

What kinds of things will you do?
We are going to Munich (Visiting the Neuschwanstein castle, taking bike tours, exploring the city mostly), Paris & Rome- We have three days in each place so I think the plan is just to visit the cities- museums, popular landmarks, etc. I dont think we will have much time to be exploring the countryside...
& I do love scarves so that will be on the list!
& great advice about the dark jeans, that would definitely look nice & it would be comfortable!

& oh my the finding shoes thing is just overwhelming me! lol
Old 01-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #13  
Bear Down..Lost 38 in '10

S/C/G: 260.0/219.4/113.0

Good shoes...not tennis shoes if you can help it. Europeans wear more nice walking shoes. Whatever you end up with...have fun!
gottadoit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #14  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I know its been said twice but yes, comfortable shoes. Walking on cobblestones and uneven terrain brings a whole new meaning to the need for comfortable shoes. Have you looked at Zappos.com? Great for larger shoes. Also, Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack.

I was in Germany around April/May a few years ago and it snowed so definitely take a jacket
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #15  

To sight see around the cities Use the hop on hop off bus one price and you get off as many times as you want, for intance in Paris we got on at the Louvre and went to The Eiffel Tower, Arche De Triumphe, Notre Dame
and other places . I like to sit on the upper deck as you can see everything get off where ever you like and stay as long as you like eventually a bus will come back and you hop back on. Cheap and efficient especially if you are there for a short time.