What is the best bra you have ever worn... good uplift etc.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • What are the best bras y'all have found to give deflated, saggy breasts uplift? My breasts are still pretty full but have definitely deflated a good bit and are sagging more than I would like. My skin has stretched out a good deal and I am in need of a good bra. I usually just get mine at Lane Bryant but am looking to invest in some really good bras that will make me proud of my bust again. I have heard that the Chantelle bras are great. Have you used those? If so, do you like them and what style do you like the best? What other bras have y'all found that you love? I am okay with spending a good deal of $ to get the best I can (it is cheaper than a breast lift ) Thanks!
  • Personally I really like the plunge / push-up style of bra from lane bryant. I find them comfortable, very supportive, and that they provide a nice profile in pretty much any style of clothing. I haven't tried more expensive bras from anywhere else though.
  • I get the plunge / push-up bras from Elomi. They are expensive but worth it to me. Bare Necessities has good sales.

http://www.barenecessities.com/Elomi...1_,search,.htm
  • Bare necessities rocks!
    Bras are so personal- everyone is different. I've been busty (it's genetic) my whole life and going to a good lingerie place for a proper fitting changed my life! I highly recommend it!
    I usually buy Olga, Fantasie, or Felina bras because they all fit me well. I am not above going to try at the lingerie shop and then ordering from Bare Necessities because the markup on good bras is abhorent where I am!
  • I love the Ipex and Body at Victoria's secret but those are my OLD favorite bra. My current favorite is Vanity Fair Beautiful benefits full figure bra. I'm a 38DD and my girls have never been so supported (and uplifted) in my life and its PRETTY! (lace on sides in middle, smooth cup and lil rhinestones in the middle too). My girls actually ache after I take it off.

I agree that a fitting may be your best bet at finding a great bra you may be a size smaller or cup size bigger than you think!
  • Thanks everyone... keep the recommendations coming
  • You don't mention what size you are, and that alone will have a *big* impact on brands. People can tell me left and right that Victoria's Secret makes the "BEST!" bras, but that does me no good, as I wear a 36HH...a size they don't carry.

If you haven't done it already, I can't stress enough the difference a good, accurate fitting can make.
  • I am in the midst of losing a lot of weight so I need to be re-fitted. I don't actually know my size right now. I am looking for the best bra for right now (probably around a 38 D... or around that size) and also the best kind for when I am at goal... should be a good bit smaller...
  • It's totally individual, SouthernBelle102. Even if we wear the same size, my breasts aren't necessarily the same shape and same distance apart as yours, you know?

I personally like Wacoal for everyday and Fantasie/Freya for fancy.
  • Thanks for the info, Maria. Oh, I know that I will need to try a few out probably before I find the perfect fit. I just don't know where to start. That is why I am asking for recommendations and some brands that people have found work well for them. Just a starting point.
  • Lane Bryant has started carrying Spanx bras which I love.
  • I really like the Lane Bryant Balconette bras. They also have similar balconette bras at Fashion Bug. They're not quite as "sturdy" as the LB ones, but they're almost as good and half the price
  • The ONLY bra that I've ever owned that fit correctly is the Body by Victoria bra, and I've only been able to even fit their line since losing weight. And I'm STILL an obnoxious size, 34DD, which means limited style and color choice. But, DAMN do they fit, I have 5 now haha. I've NEVER had that many bras at once (thank you semi annual sale).

For good support get the padded stuff, I used to disdain it, but really, I think it makes a lot of difference now.
  • For the Bigger girl Victoria Secret doesn't carry our size and actually neither does Lane Bryant. I was a K and now I am 38H. I AM HUGE!! THE ABSOLUTE BEST BRA IS....PRIMADONNA. It lifts them and makes them look nice and round instead of like torpedoes. I feel like I am 20 something again without the after effects of breastfeeding when I am wearing it. Additionally it is VERY PRETTY with lace on it. It is very expensive I think I paid $116.00 but it is worth it. For now I am just buying one at a time since I am still losing weight.

Best workout bra.... try Enell. I can even run in this things. It is body armor for the BOOB! See Jane Run.com has them on sale this month.
  • I just got a bra from Victoria's Secret. It's their Incredible Push-up bra and it's effin' fantastic. My breasts have never looked so good.