Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 01-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Fashion Forecast for Spring 2011?

Who's got the scoop?

I got the best advice here last fall. My camel coat and cobalt blue scarf get looks of admiration and compliments everywhere I go.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228/220/140

Height: 5'9.5

Bright colors, Sheer pieces and stripes

Last edited by LastTrain2Para; 01-08-2011 at 03:53 PM.
LastTrain2Para is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

I read or heard or saw something that said that pink, like..fuschia (I can never spell that word, one of the few I have issues with) was going to be an "in" colour this year...
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:38 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Great for bright colours! I am so sick of seeing stores full of grey and black!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

I'm liking what I call "fruit salad" colours. Citrus yellow, melon, lettuce green, honeysuckle ...
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175+/113/120

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Great for bright colours! I am so sick of seeing stores full of grey and black!
I love gray and black. My closet is almost exclusively gray and black. I also love colors just not on me!
sisypheanme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hopefully the military/dark/studded look won't disappear entirely. Spring is by FAR my least favorite clothing season, I hate light colors and thin/flowy fabrics!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #8  
Wrap dress addicted

S/C/G: 185/185/166

Height: 5'5 -- that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I predict a resurgence of wide-leg trousers/jeans/whatever, and all I can say is, YAY. No more skinny jeans angst.

(For the record, I do not subscribe to the belief that you have to be skinny to wear skinny jeans. However, and sadly, they don't flatter ME. Too much discrepancy between my waist and my butt/thighs.)

There is a teal polka dotted dress on the Anthropologie Web site that is giving me the "I want"s *badly* (the Take Action dress)

There's also a coral-colored ballerina dress in the Talbot's catalogue that's making me drool

So I guess my spring look will be the same as always -- peeptoes and dresses!
NYGiantsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:39 AM   #9  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

I'll be late in figuring this out, because I don't look so much at catalogs or at mannequins in stores. I look at what women are wearing on the street. There's an Upper East Side look, kind of a West Side look, an NYU student look (which is close to a Village look), but they usually have common denominators.

Right now, they're not wearing spring clothes. So I am looking at what they are wearing in winter season, figuring some of that will carry into spring.

From what I can see, the 70s are coming back. Not unadulterated, of course, but there are lots of references.

So with the wide-leg trousers, you got that right. And I think they're going to raise the waistlines further, too. (But waistlines have been going up gradually over the past couple years. The skinnys are not as low-waisted as jeans have been in the past.) Still, I think some will cling to their skinnys. There is always more than one camp with its adherents, isn't there?

The girls have been unearthing vintage blouses, which also don't have a skinny fit. (Not those slim-fitted shirts with high armholes & tight arms.) Big floppy bow ties at the neck. Billowy sleeves. Not cut so close to the body. Often of a shiny fabric or something with subtle sheen. And these are tucked into the higher-waisted pants, no shirt-tails hanging out.

Vests. For the winter, it's been fur vests. Some knitted ones, also: The nerdish Argyle over the shirt thing. Doubtless I'll see more ethnic bohemian style vests as the weather warms up.

Also at least one segment of the 70s palette is back. Orange. Peach. Rust. Copper. (It had been ages since I'd seen anything in **rust,** for God's sake!) Coral. Hot pink. Day-glo.

The thing that I've seen & most coveted recently: Someone had a pantsuit, in impeccable condition, that was GORGEOUS. Belted, patch pockets, with the military loops on the shoulders, and matching wide-legged pants. It was the Lauren Safari collection, or maybe Yves St. Laurent, who did great pantsuits, I don't know which. I did not dare ask.

I'll keep looking, but I won't know until we get a good thaw & I see people walking around the streets.

Right now, I'm thinking I need a blouse such as I've described, and it needs to be cream-colored or light tan or peach. Or maybe yellow.

ETA: I want weird colors suddenly. I want chartreuse green, such as is not found in nature. And I want a neon-ish yellow. I also want conventional rain-slicker yellow. This has supplanted my recent thing for orange. The reason I'm telling you this, is that as I've said before, I never seem to think this up on my own. I do not pretend to be a fashion starter. These things get implanted subliminally in my brain by things I've seen, through repeated exposure. That means some other people are wearing this in NY at the time of this writing.

Last edited by saef; 01-13-2011 at 02:42 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #10  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Saef- I love your post, it was so well in detailed!
Im very into fashion so your post was a wonderful delight to read!

found this on glamours website.
http://www.glamour.com/fashion/2010/...trends#slide=9
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/114

Height: 5'5

Apparently, flares are back in.

Who the **** decided that FLARES should be back in? D: Bootleg is flattering, but flares are just ridiculous.

Other than that, I'm really liking the hippie flowy dresses and stuff like that. I love mixing vintage looking stuff with modern pieces like leather jackers and military boots so that kind of thing is right up my alley.
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

I'm a fitted-clothing gal through and through. And I tend to go for the classics—the stuff you can wear year after year that never goes out of style—but, if it doesn't fit very close to the body, I won't buy it. I feel like I disappear in anything that is billowy or free flowing. I've tried belting these things—like trapeze dresses? I just end up with a lot of extra fabric bunched all around.

I love that bright colors are in. I am all about color. I don't have even one little black dress.

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 01-15-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote