Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #1  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Default Jean!!

Ugh...I am so frustrated with jeans at the moment. I really wanted to get some cute new ones, that showed how good my legs especially are looking. I looked and tried and nada. It was weird because I went to Old Navy and the 20s were a little baggy around the crotch and butt, but the 18s were WAY too tight in the waist. We have a family party next week and I wanna look good since a lot of people haven't seen me for awhile. But seriously. Jeans are SO hard and frustrating for me right now....
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I totally understand your frustration! If you have a Lane Bryant in your area, you might wanna check them out.....I found that their "Blue" line has jeans that are smaller at the waist and bigger around the hips, butt and thighs, not to mention stomach!

Another idea is to buy the ones that fit you great everywhere and have them taken in by a tailor at the waist.

I hope you figure something out!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:37 PM   #3  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

Thanks...I do have a pair of Lane Bryant jeans. But they changed the right fit ones now. I am currently wearing a size 6 (old sizing they did) in yellow, and they are starting to get to big. But when I went into Lane Bryant yesterday, it just really seemed like they had changed the fit. :P
Old 08-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #4  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I haven't been able to wear jeans in years. I've been wearing men's pants, mostly because my waist had ballooned up to a 44" I think. I might actually be able to get into a pair of jeans I bought last year by now, but they are in storage right now so I have to find them. I look forward to being able to wear jeans again.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #5  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

word of advice: when losing weight AVOID OLD NAVY JEANS!! haha, sorry. i had TERRIBLE experiences with old navy jeans my entire weightloss journey. everytime i dropped a size i figured, they're 15 bucks, when i shrink out of them, no big loss. boy was i wrong. everytime i went i ended up in the dressing room with 3 sizes of every cut, nothing to buy, and a **** of a lot of frustration. i found the best thing for me was to cough up the cash and go to buckle (if you have one near you)...they even do FREE jean fittings!!! plus they're sales reps are excellent and super sweet! (their clothes can be a bit young at times but if you get their house brand of jeans you'll be looking at about 60 bucks, and an awesome a$$ in the mirror hehe)
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:49 PM   #6  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

What sizes does buckle carry though? I have a feeling I am still in about a 20...I always avoid those stores at the mall because the employees look at you like why are you in here, you don't fit in these clothes (or it could be in my head).
Old 08-23-2010, 02:40 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyleigh View Post
word of advice: when losing weight AVOID OLD NAVY JEANS!! haha, sorry. i had TERRIBLE experiences with old navy jeans my entire weightloss journey. everytime i dropped a size i figured, they're 15 bucks, when i shrink out of them, no big loss. boy was i wrong. everytime i went i ended up in the dressing room with 3 sizes of every cut, nothing to buy, and a **** of a lot lingerie online of frustration. i found the best thing for me was to cough up the cash and go to buckle (if you have one near you)...they even do FREE jean fittings!!! plus they're sales reps are excellent and super sweet! (their clothes can be a bit young at times but if you get their house brand of jeans you'll be looking at about 60 bucks, and an awesome a$$ in the mirror hehe)
Oh wow i can actually
relate to this so well.
haha

Last edited by bigjosie; 08-23-2010 at 02:47 PM.
bigjosie is offline   Reply With Quote