Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-05-2010, 02:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Apple shapes and skinny jeans

Yes or no?

They accent the narrow part of my body (mid-thigh to ankle) and make my rear end look amazing.

They also draw attention to my flubber belly and jiggly upper thighs.

What length top could a fat girl wear to camouflage the negative and accentuate the positive?
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

yes!

just own those skinny jeans and i know you'll be able to pull it off! and what really helps me with the jiggly belly are those control tanks from target or wherever. They really work! they're the most comfortable type of control tops i've ever used.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:32 AM   #3  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Absolutely yes.

I also agree with therex. Congrats
on finding jeans that make your bum
look good. I always have that problem!

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:54 AM   #4  
Graceful Loser

I actually think people get too worried about their shape concerning clothing styles - myself definitely included, as a pear.

It's all up to an individual. How you carry yourself, your height compared to your weight, your personal style/personality, the colors, fabric, etc. are all important smaller factors that help determine the bigger picture. A body shape may factor into that, but I don't think it's the determining factor. I felt the same way about skinny jeans at first, but for a different reason. I would never wear them; and in fact, I practically rolled my eyes whenever I saw a smaller girl wearing them (Bad, I know).

When I tried my first pair on, they just looked really darn good. And if you feel like you look really darn good and you are super confident in yourself, then I encourage you to wear them and maybe buy another pair.
Hamoco350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:43 AM   #5  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

Go for it! If you're worried about your upper thighs/belly, maybe try wearing a longer floaty top over them?
If you lvoe them, there are ways round covering up bits you dont like!
katylil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I really like the longer floaty tops--I even wear them with low-rise jeans much of the time. As a mom, I can be sure that I am "covered" no matter what position I end up getting into. I think the key is optimal length, pattern on material and making sure it isn't "tenty." Most of mine come about 1/2 way down to my knee. I love dresses but rarely wear them. It kind of gives me the dress effect without showing my skin.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Thanks everyone! It's really funny that I want to wear something form fitting after all these years of hiding. A regular fit jean is so baggy in the seat and thighs that they look like clown pants.

I'll be on the lookout for a flattering long top. With the tightness of the pants, should the shirt be loose and blousy, or fit more close to the body? Forgive my ignorance. . .
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

I love cloths. My weight goes up and down and my shape is changing with age but my love for beautiful cloths (and shoes!) never changes...

A fitting but not clingy top would look nice. Since your legs are thinner. wearing tops that end at the bend of your thigh or slightly above would be flattering. You are tall, so you could even wear a longer top without looking cut off, but you legs will look longer and thinner with a shorter tops.

Someone already mentioned this...I also wear those tank tops with the bulit in underwire bras. I LOVE them! Fashion Bug has them up to size xxxxL in nude and black. Usually with "buy one get one for 50% off" so you can buy two for under $30.00. They are so confortable that it is amazing to me how much they smooth and slenderize. They are mostly cotton and very cool too.

The only down side is that the shoulder straps are not adjustable. I folded it over and stitched ithe straps on my sewing machine and that worked just fine. A seamstress can cut the straps and resew them and also take them in (up to 3") by sewing a new seam up the back. Mine charged $8.00 per garment to shorten the straps and take the tank in. One of then did get a small run on the new back seam but still I think I will get maximum wear for less cost by altering instead of replacing.

I got these tips from a stylist a few years ago and it has probably saved me of 100's (maybe thousands) of dollars on clothing, especially tip #4! I hope someone here finds them useful.

1. Bring shoes with the correct heel hight with you when you shop. For summer or formal wear a convertible bra is a good idea too. And try to wear the proper under garments for the type of clothing you are shopping for.

2. If the store has a dressing room for wedding gowns/couture fashions and it is not reserved used ask to use it. It will generally have better light, more room and more mirrors.

3. Avoid buying anything without trying it on. If you don't try on in the store do so at home right away so you can return things you do not like promptly.

4. Don't just look in the mirror, remember to move around when you try something on. I generally lift my arms, bend over, stretch and sit in the dressing room to see how the cloths will look "in motion"

Last edited by nancymae; 08-07-2010 at 05:51 PM.
nancymae is offline   Reply With Quote