Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/172/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Default Does anyone else have a line down the center of their abs?

My mom says she doesn't. I don't think my abs are showing though either...because I am still "overweight"
Like, when standing, it is in the center of my abs and starts at the bottom of my chest (probably upper ab area) and goes to a few inches above my belly button. My belly button area is the biggest, and the top half of my torso is smaller, so it makes sense why I might be able to see a line/dip there.
Does anyone else have this? My mom says it is my abs, and I can see it "because I workout and exercise" but I hate to tell her I don't think so because to see abs you need to be a low body weight.
Does anyone else have one of these lines or dips? My mom says she doesn't...it can't be just me?
Dagny18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:29 PM   #2  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

I am QUITE a bit more over weight than you, and I can tell you that 4 of my supposed 6 abdominal muscles (the upper ones) are quite clearly visible. If that is the case with me, why not with you? Give yourself credit for your accomplishments!
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:36 PM   #3  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to hitherto unknown territory. We don't have a photograph here for evidence, but I'm pretty sure you've discovered the fascia that holds your abs together.

Yes, I, too have got a line, most of the time anyway -- it's playing hide & seek with me lately -- & its disappearance & reappearance is one way I can tell when I'm "puffy" from fluid retention & conversely, when I'm dehydrated. (I swear that bodybuilders & fitness models are at least partially dehydrated when they're photographed, to make all the veins & etc. stand out as they do.)

I also suspect that when this line shows up may partly be genetic. You may have an easier time working on a six-pack than someone would who hasn't got that line but is the same weight & height as you.

Last edited by saef; 06-29-2010 at 01:38 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #4  

I am a low weight but have no line to speak of! Boo! I want to get some more ab definition and have been working on it but haven't had any dramatic results. I think some people do build muscle more easily than others (ie; me ).

You must be working out a lot. What do you do? You should be really proud of yourself! It's paying off.

I don't suppose anyone would feel comfortable posting a pic of their abs so I would have something to compare to?

Last edited by PapayaMule; 06-29-2010 at 01:45 PM.
PapayaMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I have what I call my 4-pack - my rib cage is cearly visible and I have the line from there on down to my waistline. However now, instead of a roll of fat above the waistline I have two 'pockets' of fat either side of this line. I do quite a bit of abdominal exercise so I think the definition is from my abs but I think there's still a little too much fat around this area to counted as my true abs showing through.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KforKitty View Post
However now, instead of a roll of fat above the waistline I have two 'pockets' of fat either side of this line.
Kitty
Doesn't that come from working your obliques? I think that may be muscle and not fat. I have sort of developed a similar thing I think.
PapayaMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:03 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapayaMule View Post
I am a low weight but have no line to speak of! Boo! I want to get some more ab definition and have been working on it but haven't had any dramatic results. I think some people do build muscle more easily than others (ie; me ).

You must be working out a lot. What do you do? You should be really proud of yourself! It's paying off.

I don't suppose anyone would feel comfortable posting a pic of their abs so I would have something to compare to?
I have been exercising for 2+ years and lost over 100 pounds...my exercises started out slow (just walking and Curves) and after a year of that, I quit Curves and used dumbbells (free weights) to do the Shred, and other strength training dvds. I have done Tae bo, kickboxing and all types of aerobic dvds for cardio. I have also done Pilates too...I try to do a little of everything. Even if I don't like it, at least I have tried it!
Old 06-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mescelestus View Post
I am QUITE a bit more over weight than you, and I can tell you that 4 of my supposed 6 abdominal muscles (the upper ones) are quite clearly visible. If that is the case with me, why not with you? Give yourself credit for your accomplishments!
Thanks. I was afraid everyone would be like...you weigh 170 pounds, you can't possibly have abs! lol
I guess the line just means I have abs underneath this fat...and to keep digging!
Old 06-30-2010, 01:32 PM   #9  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

I have a line. Like others have said, though, it's weird though because my tummy is DEFINITELY not flat, and I had it at 160 as well.
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote