Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I tried Cover Girls Rose Coral and loved it. Very beachy! Kinda made my hands looked tanned.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 265/TickTickBoom/ST-220

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinesefton View Post
Or you could try a coat of black, then a coat of purple, and see what happens.
I was thinking the exact same thing while reading your conundrum. I think it'd most definitely be perfectly suitable for a night out though.
Gourmet Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:03 PM   #18  

I've been seeing a lot of blue lately. There's a turqouise color that I want to get. I usually only paint my toes. They're red right now. My husband hates the smell of nailpolish, so I found a low odor brand.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyland View Post
My husband hates the smell of nailpolish, so I found a low odor brand.
This just struck me as funny because my boyfriend loves the smell of nail polish and remover. I know he's the odd man out in terms of this. And thanks to this thread I just got finished painting my finger nails.
I'm going out for dinner and shopping tonight so I figure I will look at nail polish. I love all this girly stuff.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:03 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 226.8 /ticker/150

Height: 63.5

Make your own rules!! I just had my nails done last night and I chose a color that I would normally not pick--trying to change things up. It is called "lunch at the Delhi" by OPI and it is beautiful. I am african american with dark skin and the corral/red toned polish is a hit!!
lilmomma2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 141/132/115

Height: 5'2"

When it comes to nailpolish anything goes! I liked the idea of layering more than one color, never thought of that, thanks! I think darker colors look good on fair skin, and always dark or bright colors on toes, at least that's what I've been told.
meganbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #22  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

I don't wear 'seasonal' colours, I wear colours that I like all year round. On my toes, I go with dark colours - my favourite being *I'm Not Really a Waitress*, and *Miami Beet*. I always buy only OPI - it's of exceptional quality and I just can't resist the funky names. (I am thinking of getting *Teal The Cows Come Home* for my toes).
I usually wear almost nude nail polish on my hands, I think the current one I have is *Bubble Bath* (imagine a clear nails polish with a hint of milkiness in it and a slightest hint of pink - basically "French manicure".

Last edited by Tomato; 04-12-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 305/245/135

Height: 5'6"

Wear whatever color you like best! I only follow two "rules" with dark colors: 1-keep my nails short so it doesn't look too severe. Like, just barely past the end of your finger or level with your finger. 2- no chips! Unless you're going for that look.

And, I never match my nail polish to my clothes. It's just too cutesy for me. I think dark colors/black can be great with something pink and frilly and nudes/light pinks look great with darker clothes, it balances it to have a little contrast.
Viviane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #24  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I wear whatever color I wanna wear. It doesnt matter the time of year. I am the one that has to see them all the time so I do what pleases me
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #25  
The Last 10lbs!

I love painting my nails but I rarely do it. I think I will tonight thanks to this thread All my polish is so old, I really ought to throw the cheap stuff out and buy some good stuff.

I rarely bother reading about what's 'current' but I was reading an article in a magazine that comes with the newspaper and it said that a 'woman with perfectly painted nails is a woman in control of her life'. I have to say that phrase will probably stay with me for a long time. Subconsciously, I think I have always agreed with it on a superficial level. Anyway, the article mentioned teal/turquoise being really popular this season (specifically Chanel's Nouvelle Vague) and most things I own are teal so I ought to invest in some nail polish that colour (not Chanel, though!).

I absolutely LOVE the look of French manicures.

My problem with nail polish is that it chips so easily. I imagine if I bought some better quality stuff that this wouldn't be the case as much?
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #26  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomreins View Post
My problem with nail polish is that it chips so easily. I imagine if I bought some better quality stuff that this wouldn't be the case as much?
Yes, it would. Also, there are "top coats' available (they are clear) to protect the nail polish from fast wear. OPI has one but I can't recall the name - Tough As Nails? Not sure. Sally Hansen has one, too. They do work.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #27  
The Last 10lbs!

Thanks Tomato, I always use a top coat but I manage to chip my nail polish in the first day. I got out my only OPI nail polish (The Cows Come Home, a brilliant sparkly blue) and am going to try it out to see how fast it chips on me compared to my cheaper stuff!

I generally use my top coats for making/repairing jewelry. If anyone has a clasp that's a bit wobbly or a jump ring holding something together that you're worried might bend out and let the beads off, dot on some clear top coat and it will, at least temporarily, solve the problem. Also good for putting over the knot on elastic bracelets to keep them from slipping.

Last edited by freedomreins; 04-12-2010 at 05:29 PM.
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:41 PM   #28  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I love black nail polish! My style isn't punk or goth at all, but I wear black polish quite frequently.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

This is the colour I'm wearing just now:

I love a nice bright pink, too. I normally wear them with a printed white tshirt, and some skinny jeans. I'm not so in to fashion, but I love it anyway!

Last edited by yossarianlives; 04-14-2010 at 11:09 AM.
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:20 AM   #30  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

^^Oooh! I like that one! Do you know offhand what the name of the color is?
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote