3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Looking Good, Feeling Great (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great-204/)
-   -   Tattoo ideas? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/looking-good-feeling-great/153920-tattoo-ideas.html)

peejay 10-12-2008 11:29 PM

Tattoo ideas?

Hi All,

I successfully lost just over 130lbs and have been maintaining for about 15 months.

That said, I want to get a tattoo to symbolize this accomplishment and act as a reminder.

Any ideas?

traveling michele 10-13-2008 12:53 AM

I too have been thinking of doing something like this but am stuck with the ideas.....
I have gotten a couple of tattoo magazines and read a book about tattoos but am still coming up blank. I'll watch this post to see if others have ideas.
Come on over and join us on the maintainer's forum! It is a great place to share ideas and support!!

zenor77 10-13-2008 01:43 AM

Hmmm...

You could solidify your love for 3fcs by getting a little chick... :lol:

What reminds you of victory? Was there anything that stands out as an important step in your journey? Tattoos are such personal things, especially ones to commemorate accomplishments. I'll have to think on this more.

LadyBurchett 10-13-2008 02:27 AM

I have 13 tattoos and once I'm at goal I will be getting a cherry blossom tree that starts on my hip and climbs up my back into full bloom.

peejay 10-13-2008 11:42 AM

In truth, most people have suggested a butterfly due to the thought of "metamorphosis" or a tiger for "strength". Neither of these things are really my style.

This is the idea that I am now thinking of: I had thought at one point to pout my starting weight somewhere as a reminder, however it just didn't seem completely what I wanted. However, in the Hebrew Alphabet numbers correspond with the letters of the alphabet. So now I am thinking to put my starting weight in Hebrew on the back of my neck.

I really do want to commemorate my weight loss and the work that was put in, but to also not forget that I was that heavy.

I look forward to your ideas!

peejay 10-13-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenor77 (Post 2406184)
Hmmm...

You could solidify your love for 3fcs by getting a little chick... :lol:

What reminds you of victory? Was there anything that stands out as an important step in your journey? Tattoos are such personal things, especially ones to commemorate accomplishments. I'll have to think on this more.

Haha, a little chick, this may be too extreme as it is only my 3rd post!

I have also thought to get just word tattooed, so in addition to the Hebrew, to maybe put a word rather then try to be symbolic. During my weight loss I really focused on the word strong or strength in tough times, so maybe something like that, in big gothic letters across my back?

OK, maybe not the last part!

peejay 10-13-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traveling michele (Post 2406159)
I too have been thinking of doing something like this but am stuck with the ideas.....
I have gotten a couple of tattoo magazines and read a book about tattoos but am still coming up blank. I'll watch this post to see if others have ideas.
Come on over and join us on the maintainer's forum! It is a great place to share ideas and support!!

Thanks Michelle!

It is a hard thing, deciding such a thing! I have poured over pictures and magazines but was pretty stumped. I am getting pretty set on the hebrew lettering, the only draw back is that is it ivery similar to Posh Spice's neck tattoo! hahaha

I will join you at Maintainers! :)t

peejay 10-13-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyBurchett (Post 2406201)
I have 13 tattoos and once I'm at goal I will be getting a cherry blossom tree that starts on my hip and climbs up my back into full bloom.

That sounds like a beautiful tattoo! I wish you well on your weight loss journey and can't wait to see the tattoo!

PhotoChick 10-13-2008 11:50 AM

There are a ton of tattoo design websites that you can browse through. Also don't discount the value of meeting with a tattoo artist and working with her or him to create a design. The place I went to for my tattoo (my first, but not my last!) offered a free design session with the artist prior to getting the tattoo. I had already designed my own, so I didn't take advantage of it, but for my next one I will. A good artist can help you refine a design as well as suggest locations for the tattoo that would work with the design you finally settle on.

raw23 10-13-2008 12:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
What's your hearitage? You could get "strength" in that language. For example:
German = Kraft
Spanish = fuerza

The first is chineese lettering for strength with a butterfly (the little "n" looking thing is strength)
Attachment 30427
Strength... I think, but not sure of the language... just looks cool :)
Attachment 30428
Japaneese
Attachment 30429

sh3l5 10-13-2008 12:06 PM

i love the tiger for strength idea....
i always wanted a spider on my shoulder blade....
always said id get one when i was thin....
now i am getting there im having secoudn thoughts....
even about getting my belly button pierced....

LadyBurchett 10-13-2008 12:15 PM

How about something that symbolizes your journey?

beth4365 10-13-2008 05:14 PM

Really enjoyed this post and the ideas being discussed.

LadyBurchett, I love your idea. I hope you'll share pictures when you get it done. I, for one, would love to see them in your goal post!

peejay, congratulations on your weightloss and maintenance! Best wishes with your decision!

LadyBurchett 10-13-2008 05:34 PM

:cp:beth- I do plan on having "goal" pictures taken. I already have the photographer on retainer.

peejay-Whatever you decide. ..I know it will be a symbol to be very proud of. Congrats on the huge accomplishment :cp:

BarbPA 10-15-2008 10:18 PM

I'm looking forward to hearing what you decide. I currently have no tattoos, but once I reach my goal I will be getting my first. Right now I am thinking of having a tattoo that honors my two sons who we adopted from Guatemala, but I'm sure my mind will change over the course of my journey. I hope to have it done on/around my 40th Bday. :D