Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-21-2008, 04:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/154 CW/140-145ish GW

Height: 5'6.5"

Default How often do you go through your closet?

When I started losing weight I told myself I wasn't gaining the weight back so I've been trying to give me too big clothes away when I hit each goal. I noticed I really need to give my closet a good spring cleaning. This made me wonder how often other people in the same situation go through their clothes - do you clean out seasonally? each time you hit a new size? Just periodically? I do a little of each!
jenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:46 PM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

I've been getting rid of clothing as soon as it becomes to big - I don't want to be back in that size

Last edited by GONNABE165; 04-21-2008 at 04:46 PM. Reason: spelling
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:03 PM   #3  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I clean out my closet seasonally. I save my fave clothes though, no matter what size they are.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

I don't get rid of clothes, too big, to small, or for most other flaws - I can always make stuff in the right size out of them. Even the ugliest old clothing item a person has can be used for something... scrap fabric and such.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/264/140

I need to clean out my cloths. Theres blacks bin bags full of them in a spare room but don't really feel like going through things I can't fit into anymore.
Very much planning on being able to fit into them again soon. Bearing in mind I only started yesterday so I dont have any cloths that are too big for me YET.

Last edited by lupin; 04-22-2008 at 11:42 AM.
lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/137/150

It took me a long time to clean out my clothes I was down to a size 18 and still running around in size 28 jogging pants at times. It was when my own mother pantsed me that I knew I had to do something about the clothes in my closet. After I cleaned out my closet I seriously needed a shopping spree I owned like 8 pieces of clothing that were my true size. However, I am glad I didn't buy too much because now I am a size 12.
Ophelia924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:08 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

I get rid of the old clothes for every 2 sizes I go down. Keeping them in the closet is just setting yourself up for failure. Besides, it's so good for moral to see yourself in clothes that actually fit.

I didn't buy many clothes at a time as I lost. Just what i needed. And shopping at used clothing stores is a good idea to increase your wardrobe while you are in transition. You aren't going to be in that size long, and it's such a waste to buy a lot of things that you aren't going to be wearing over a couple of months.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #8  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I have the 2 size rule also..because lets face it we all have FAT days no matter how big/small we are.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:07 PM   #9  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I have been cleaning out my closet monthly since I started this journey. I bag everything that is too large and take it to Goodwill the next time I am out. I do not keep clothing that is too big.

I also treat myself to a second hand store shopping spree every 10 lbs lost. In effect, I am renting clothing. I drop off at the back door and then go in the front and shop.
All of the things I donated this week were things I bought a few months ago.

Today's run netted a suit, jeans, shorts (which I badly needed), and capris.

Last edited by CountingDown; 04-22-2008 at 07:08 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

counting down, That is sooo true. when losing weight, there is no point in getting anything new..
I generally go through the closet when my jeans are getting too big. I lose weight quicker in my upper body and when I lose a jean size then I go shopping at the goodwill and consignment shops.. That means I'm down a size everywhere...
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:08 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I clean out when I notice several items in a row look tent-like on me The thrift store folks love me by now and I love them because I couldn't have afforded all the sizes (so far 18/20 down to 8 and 10) without access to the thrift stores. I just got rid of all my summer clothes right out of storage. I decided to split the bounty between my three favorite thrift stores!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:36 AM   #12  
back to balance

Height: 5'7"

Your thread inspired me to go through my closet yesterday - now I seriously need to do some pants shopping, heh.

I didn't have many clothes to start with and now I have exactly two pants left that fit me just right - so I'm holding on to some of the less baggier ones until I find the time and money to buy new ones, hopefully this weekend. Unfortunately I'm right between sizes at my three favorite stores... ...and the thrift stores in our area don't have a lot of good, "gently used" clothes and no new stuff at all.

About half of what I sorted out will go straight to Goodwill, a few nice pieces (jackets etc.) were set aside for a friend of mine, and the rest I put into a suitcase that I probably won't need again until August. By then I'll be able to decide what to do with them. I guess my rationale for keeping what I'm keeping is that I may use some of the tunics etc. for maternity wear if and when that time rolls around...

Last edited by Heffalump; 04-23-2008 at 07:39 AM.
Heffalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:50 PM   #13  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

I try to set a rule that if something new (or new to me) goes into my closet, something old must come out. So I guess I end up cleaning out every other size or so. I try very hard not to buy ahead of my weightloss, but when I see a super clearance sale at one of the dept stores, I will occasionally pick up things that I don't QUITE fit yet. So in that case, I can't really take something else out of my closet becuase I still need stuff that fits.

This journey started for me with a huge clean-out of my closet and storage. I had been holding on to clothes I hadn't fit into for 4 or more years. In some cases, I had size 6 suits that I never actually fit into when I WAS at my fittest. Letting go of all of it was like a huge weight off my shoulders. I absolutely loved that feeling, so now I get a thrill when I can clean my closet of things that are TOO BIG!

There's a clothing exchange at my doc's clinic where I take my cast-offs. That way others in the weightloss journey can make use of what I no longer need.
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:42 PM   #14  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONNABE165 View Post
I've been getting rid of clothing as soon as it becomes to big - I don't want to be back in that size
that's exactly what i have been doing... it kind of pains me that i just got a pair of pants and now they don't fit but at least they are too big and not too small
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 205/154 CW/140-145ish GW

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_Amarie View Post
There's a clothing exchange at my doc's clinic where I take my cast-offs. That way others in the weightloss journey can make use of what I no longer need.

I love this! I wish I could find a clothing exchange like that. Do you know how it got started?
jenguin is offline   Reply With Quote