Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #1  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Question Moisturizer & night cream help!!

I have really really sensitive skin..and every moisturizer & night cream that I've tried makes me break out or turn my face red. Does anyone know of a kind that wont make me break out and wont turn my face red?
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Height: 5'3"

You might have an allergy. Have you been to a dermatologist?

I also have really sensitive skin. Even the moisturizer for sensitive skin makes my skin break out. Unless you have an allergy that's causing your breakout, the best thing to do is go to the skin care counters at department stores and ask for samples. Use them one at a time for a few days, just a tiny bit in a less noticeable place, I do right near my temple where my hair will cover. I've tried so many over the years and I've only really been able to use two. One was from Clinique and has since been discontinued. The other is MaryKay Timewise without sunscreen, which I'm currently using and have been pretty happy with.
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:24 PM   #3  
I was born this way hey!

Well..I can use face wash with no problems at all..Its just the moisturizer I have a problem with. So I dunno if its an allergy or not. I've just always thought it was because I have sensitive skin. I've always wanted to try Clinique but the stuff is so expensive. They do sell it at the NEX, so maybe I could stop by there today and ask for a sample.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

All I use is Olay products for sensitive skin.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

I don't know what products you've tried but there are lots of products out there for sensitive skin. Almay has some and so does oil of olay. Also, one that i've found to be really good is cetaphil mositurizing lotion.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

My daughters are very sensative and use a product from the dollar general store ,,its vitamin E but its an awesome moisturiser. Its really cheap also. I think its a dollar for a jar.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #7  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I always have broken out using moisturizers on my face until I tried Biore Pore Refining moisturizer. It soaks up oil on the surface of the skin. My skin is combination, where some spots get really oily and gross and some spots get dry and flaky, and this is the only moiturizer that I have found that doesn't bother me. Good luck!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:40 PM   #8  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I happen to use Clinique, my one big luxury at 24 dollars a jar. You don't use that much of it so a jar lasts 3 to 6 months. The stuff is fantastic on dry skin ( I have been using it for years even before I was getting older and needed to use it lol ). I have very sensitive skin and I have never had a problem with their products. I use their base makeup too, continuous coverage. Put it on in the morning and it looks just as good late at night as it did when you put it on.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:54 PM   #9  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Hi, I to have tendency to get red-faced too, its so uncomfortable. My mother taught me not to wash your face with hot water, warm is good, cool is better and always rinse with cool or cold as you can... Warm/hot water opens your pores, cold/cool water closes your pores. I do this in the shower too... It's uncomfortable to rinse in cool water at first, but I got used to it, feels really good in the summer. I also do this with my hair, wash in warm, rinse in cool.. (hair has pores too)
I use the old fashioned Oil of Olay... i have for years. I run a humidifyer all winter to at least 50%, dry air will make your skin feel hot.. imho I think there are too many products out there to wash with... Yikes I haven't used soap on my face since I was 12...I use the OOO and cool water to wash.. Good Luck... btw, sometimes the redness is a condition called rosasea a dermatologic condition needing MD eval. Good Luck... OH if you really want to see a red face, give me a glass of wine... I'm allergic to the sulyfates...
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:01 PM   #10  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I also use Time Wise from Mary Kay. The have 2 formulas for skin type. Go to www.marykay.com/Locator You should be able to find a consultant near you for samples.
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:31 AM   #11  
I was born this way hey!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have Oil of Olay, and it irritates my skin. But I do want to try Clinique or Biore. I use some of their (Biore) products and its really nice.

SweetCaroline~My mom told me about the warm & cold water thing too. I do that in the shower as well.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Height: 5'3"

SweetCaroline...yeah! I never use soap on my face either. If I'm wearing heavy makeup I'll use some eye makeup remover, but that's it. I find warm water and a washcloth will take off the rest. I went to an Arbonne party once and the rep commented on my skin and asked what I used on it. I said Mary Kay moisturizer. Then she asked what else? I said that's it. "What do you used to cleanse?" "Warm water." I can't believe so many people have never heard of just using water to wash with! Soaps and cleansers just tend to dry out skin unnecessarily and don't remove any more makeup/dirt/oil than a washcloth and warm water, imho.

Last edited by LiLi Gettin Thin; 04-09-2008 at 07:05 PM.
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:18 PM   #13  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Origins has a great sensitive skin care line.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #14  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

I just switched to the Boots Organics line at Target and I'm really pleased. SO gentle, great smell, my skin looks great (even in the mucky hot weather) and there's a vitamin mask I LOVE. My skin tends toward the sensitive side and I haven't had any problems at all.
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:22 AM   #15  

I highly recommend Clinique. If you're afraid that you'll break out, ask the person at the counter if they have any trial size or free samples. (I've gotten the free samples before!) Also, they have sample products at the counter that you can try on-spot. Try the oil-free moisturizer...it does wonders on my skin!
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote