Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 03-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #16  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

The other thing with those cute plus sizes is that they don't realize that not ALL plus size people have giant boobs and huge thighs!!

We STILL come in all shapes even in plus size! i never have enough boobage to support those cute wrap tops! (Oh but i have plenty of gut to make me look pregnant in those ribbon belts!)

DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:08 PM   #17  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

And what is WITH the whole raglan sleeve thing? Yeah, that's a great idea...make the shoulders look even narrower, so the waist/hips look even WIDER. Great design there, guys! That's fashionable!

Last edited by sidhe; 03-09-2008 at 05:08 PM.
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:29 AM   #18  

I needed a good laugh! Most of these comments gave me distinct memories of fighting with something in a dressing room, or at home if I was ignorant enough to buy something without trying it on first.

I have never had any luck with finding clothes that I liked and fit, not now and not when I was a size 4. My proportions are smaller in the waist and bubble butt! All pants have always gapped on me at the waist if I find them to fit my hips, and if they fit my waist... my thighs are squeezed in like sausage. And this has always been the issue regardless of size. I tried the "get them to fit your widest part of your leg and have them altered". Yeah, that didn't really work out either. I think the only difference between being thinner then was that I felt "cute" so it didn't matter if my pants always gapped. Now it makes me feel awkward.

Who commented on the bras? Ah! If there is something that I hate more than anything in the whole world, it is an adorable "plus size" bra that feels like a mid-evil torture device. Oh look at this adorable pink and black bra with ribbons, AND FIGERGLASS.

I am a black, cotton, long sleeved t-shirt girl. I have twenty of them. Seriously. I think my husband is going to nominate me for the "What Not to Wear Show" if I don't figure something out this year.
TechieGrrl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:24 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

TnTechGirl-

Oh yes. The full hips and smaller waist...making pants and skirts pretty much unwearable unless they involve elastic.

Most women's clothing is designed with an average 10" difference between waist and hip (30" waist for 40" hips etc.) but I always have a 12-14" difference depending on my weight/size at the time.

I LIVE in yoga pants and long flowy skirts because they FIT.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote