Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 01-25-2008, 11:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 212.6/149.6/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Bathing suit help!!!

Unfortunately since losing weight, my thighs are not the prettiest-hanging skin galore! Anyway, we're going to Jamaica in a couple of months and I need a new bathing suit. I've decided to try for one that's skirted to help hide some of my sagginess. Luckily, it looks like they might be "in style" this year. But I don't want the "Old Lady" looking swimdress. I'd like something more fashionable and I'm willing to buy online if I can't find one in person. I wear "regular" sizes. Any suggestions?
PJS145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #2  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I'm in the same boat! We're leaving for our cruise in a couple of weeks. There are very few places around here that have them out this time of year.

My problem is that I need an XL for the chesticles. I need a L for the bottom. The 2 piece ones I've found aren't really for swimming. The flouncy top flies all over the place.

I did go to the mall the other day and went into a swim suit shop. I just can't justify spending $110 for a swim suit.

I won't buy online because I need to try them on.

I need help, too.

Have you checked Lands End?
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:04 PM   #3  

I actually have 2 bathing suits from lands end-I need more room at the top, too. But this year it seems my thighs have gotten worse, so they don't really cover as much as I want. But their control suits really do hold you in and up! I bought mine to fit in the chest and the bottom fit fine, even though I'm much smaller there-I think because of the heavy duty control material they use.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:53 PM   #4  
Fat-be-gone

www.newport-news.com

they have very stylish, cute swimdresses that don't look like your typical old lady bathing suits. I like them!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

I have been thinking about this, and here's a website that has swimsuits that look like surfer outfits, and have significant thigh coverage. At least one of the suits is available up to 24, others up to XL.

http://www.ohanaswimwear.com/

Hope this isn't too late.
KristasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

I also have the bigger up top issue, I went to Nordstrom and found a good bathing suit (although about $100) It was worth it to me. Unfortunatley, it was a regular bottom so I don't really have much to offer as far as the thigh covering. If nothing else... sarongs and swim-suit cover ups are very in fashion. You would take them off before swimming though...
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

I'm glad I saw this post, as I was going to post the same thing. I'm going to Costa Rica with my husband's family (STRESS!) in March and I haven't owned a bathing suit in years...I don't even have a clue what size I wear. I've gained more weight since I last owned one, and I know nothing is going to make me look like Giselle, but I have to get one.

Awesome post. If I find anything else, I'll post it here.
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #8  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I just found one. It's a 2 piece. The top is not a halter top, it covers the mid section. You can buy them separately. I actually bought 2 bottoms. If things keep progressing, the large bottom will be too big soon. So, I bought a medium bottom as well.

Oh, I found it at Sears.

Last edited by cbmare; 02-06-2008 at 11:40 AM.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:24 PM   #9  

Thanks for all the suggestions-I guess I need to get out on the prowl and at least start trying on. If worst comes to worst, I do have one from Land's End that does pretty well, so I could get it in another color or print. Peachcake, I'm with you-my bathing suit is where I have to "indulge" financially.......
Old 02-09-2008, 05:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

If you want something that has a skirt or shorts bottom, I highly suggest It Figures! brand swimwear. They sell them on QVC's website, and you can get them on eBay as well sometimes for cheaper.

The thing I like about them, is that they have flattering suits in BOTH regular and plus sizes. A lot of designers don't realize that even women who are a size 8 or 10 sometimes have cellulite, or a large bust, or saddlebags and are not comfortable with it all hanging out.

It Figures has suits for thigh/hip coverage, and they also have suits to camoflauge the tummy/waist area, or a large bust. You just browse through the specific figure flaw type you are trying to cover up. Some of their skirted suits are really, really cute.

Another thing I really like about them, is that the skirt and short bottoms are a little LONGER than what they would be, say, if you went to Wal-Mart. Some of the skirted suits there are only as long as the panty underneath...so you aren't covering much.

Check them out...I love them. Even when I am thinner, I don't like to show my upper thighs too much-I have some stretch marks on them from my babies.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote