Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 12-09-2007, 03:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Default Finding a good fit

I realize women come in all shapes and sizes...

I just can't seem to find pants and skirts that accomodate my waist. My tummy is where I'm carrying my weight- I have almost no difference between my waist and hip measurements so pants that fit my waist have "saddlebags" and "butt sag" that I have to get taken in.

Anyone out there who can recommend a clothing line or style to help me out. I refuse to buy elastic waisted ANYTHING!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #2  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I have the same problem. However, I love elastic waists. I can't stand anything that zips or buttons.

Are you a tweener size? I am right now. One size is too big but the next size down is too snug.

I have no idea what my size is because they vary at the different stores.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:38 PM   #3  

LOL "tweener" size! Yeah, 12's make me look homeless but give my tummy a little extra comfort room, 10's fit but are just a little tight over my tummy, and 8's will zip but look more like sausage casing than pants. I've been wearing the 12's and hoping my personality outshines my appearance
Old 12-09-2007, 07:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 201/190/125

Height: 5'3

Ugh -- if anyone has advice on this, I can't wait to hear it. I swear, my legs and bottom are 2 sizes smaller than my enormous stomach and nothing looks right.
Ready4aChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Man, can I feel your pain. I spent a long time altering pants the other day and they are still not just right. It appears that I need about a size 6 for my legs/butt and a size 12 for my waist. I despise the buttsag/clown leg look.

I even sent away for "Mustang Pants" (hate the name) from Old Pueblo traders because they are touted as being smaller in the seat and legs. Well, maybe, but I looked like I had this huge bubble around my butt and stomach and the waist was still way too tight. And, they were supposed to be pettite, but were about 6" too long. I was really disappointed. [/rant]

I seriously want to know if anyone finds pants for the thick-waisted. Surely, we four are not the only ones with this problem.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:14 PM   #6  

You know, even when they try to address this on What Not to Wear, I think the person goes from looking like they have a fat stomach to looking like they're trying to hide a fat stomach. Aaaah! We need a fashion designer!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 09:16 PM   #7  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Have you tried www.zafu.com ? register and you can get some fairly accurate suggestions
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:24 AM   #8  

This site is awesome! It even allows you to get recommendations for bras! Thanks so much L144S! As soon as my holiday shopping is over, I'll be shopping for myself!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Wow, that's awesome. Thanks for sharing.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote