Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 11-23-2007, 09:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'5''

Default Plus size ski gear

So I just moved to Idaho from New Orleans, and it snows here unlike NOLA. I want to play in the snow and try my hand, I mean feet at skiing or maybe snowboarding. The only problem is that REI and Cabelas do not sell anything plus size for Ski clothing, the bibs or pants. I found a good Columbia jacket at Macys but the pants and boots are hard to find! Impossible I tried everywhere!

Any help would .. help!
Gigglalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:02 PM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Try online... I got my stuff last year at justgear.com; I can also HIGHLY recommend Sierra Trading.

Bib pants ARE hard to find - you'll get a some nice Rawik's for well under $100. Hope it helps, and Good Luck!
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

As a native Wisconsinite and avid downhill skiier, allow me to share a Northwoods trick...

Buy the heaviest long johns you can find. Then buy a pair of waterproof running pants - the kind with the elastic ankle hem and side sipper work well with downhill ski boots, but you might prefer the elastic hem without the zipper for just playing around (cold skin chafes easily so be aware of what may be rubbing against it, like a cold zipper).

You can buy 5 pairs of these "ski pants" and still not come close to the cost of a decent pair of "real" ski pants. Even though it's a trick for fast-growing kids, it works great for fast-shrinking adults, too.

Also, if you buy extra, you will have a dry pair to change into. This is particularly important if you are a beginning skiier or snowboarder- you're going to fall and get soaked in the process.

Good luck!
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:21 PM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I think Junonia has ski pants but I am not 100% as skiing scares me!
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 08:23 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm actually pretty annoyed. I am going to Antarctica in a couple weeks and I did find some ski pants at a decent price but largest size being XL. They are a bit snug on me but hopefully they will be less snug on me in a couple weeks. I guess I'm kind of annoyed because regular XL pants fit fine, these are snug. I bought a pair of ski pants today for $24 (major sale) and I bought another pair not too long ago, also on sale for around $30, I think. I ended up also buying some windproof/waterproof running pants as an option as well.

One place you can try to look is Sierra Trading post but again ski pants are difficult to find in larger sizes.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:17 PM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

thanks for the recomendations. I ound a pair of ski pants! woo Hoo!
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Antarctica! Wow, that must be an incredible trip! What was it like?

I used to ski quite a bit until I had children. This year when we started going back I bought a men's XL ski suit on eBay. Brand new, black with bright blue and teal trim, and $40.00. Fits well, didn't look like a man's suit.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote