Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-06-2006, 06:39 PM   #1  

Default Rant

Hi All:

It seems that I am always on my program but the slightest slips result in weight gain. These past two weeks I was careful and attentive to my eating with some small additional calories because I was on vacation. My goal was to maintain. I am not talking major overeating. (Like other vacations I have taken) Some extra fruit, some non-fat ice-cream. a dinner or two out.

The scale however, showed me up 2 pounds. I know its not major and I have done more damage at othertimes. It's also a true gain, not water retention or hormones involved. However, it really upset me today. It also called the brat in me into focus. My brat said well you tried your best and look what happened so lets party. I was able to shut my brat up and put her in timeout but it sure wasn't pretty.

So my rant is over, and I will fight the good fight.
Thanks for listening.
Reg4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey Gina,

I hear you sister.
Just went through a w/e of eating/drinking like I 'used' to. It was a bit more controlled as I shared 80% of my meals - but certainly wasn't strict.

The scale jumped up a whopping 10lbs
A few lbs have disappeared - it was water retention from the alcohol...but a few are definately sticking.
I am just stunned at how rapidly my body puts the weight back on.
All I can say is YIkeS!!!

-S
ps - I am back on track
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:35 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I have the exact same problem. Any little indulgence and the scale goes crazy. I recently got sick and was 8 lbs. below my goal. Then, I went back to eating the same as I had been eating since my new lifestyle and gained back 5 of those lbs. I cheated a little and then was up 3 lbs. over my goal. All in a 2 week period. This morning I was back down that 3 lbs. and back at goal. It is so frustrating.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:29 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Gina

Isn't it frustrating how much easier it is to GAIN weight than to get rid of it? Good for you for shutting up your brat -- hang in there; after all it is only two pounds so just keep right on going!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:33 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

At the risk of being an exhibitionist (again), I did this little experiment a couple years ago:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51927

I actually got less variation than I thought I would.

Up, down, up, down it goes. We are all something like 70% water and those small (and sometimes not so small--I gain 10 lbs after a race), short variations are usually it. The goal is to manage body fat and the first thing that pops up is water. Extra fluid in the digestive tract, in sore muscles, everywhere.

Having said that, it sucks, and right now I'm up (within normal fluctuation) and yeah, it sucks.

Stick with it.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:39 AM   #6  

Gina,

Good for you to shut up the brat. I also did not do much excessive in the holidays or afteer. But the scale is up 10 pounds yesterday, 9 pounds today. I hate it because it will take me weeks to get it off.
Anne- I agree with you, the water fluctuations drive you nuts but the BF % goes down so slowly it is not a good feedback mechanism for me.

bye,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:27 PM   #7  

Thanks guys, I am glad I am not alone on this journey.
I appreciate all your feed back and I needed it.

Ps the brat is still in time out.
Reg4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 06:09 AM   #8  

WTG Gina! Down with brats!
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote