Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-22-2006, 04:34 PM   #91  
Mel

Anne! It took me 19 yrs to get off all the original pregnancy weight and then the next pregnancy weight! Good job! In my first experience, the baby wasn't much of it.

Lily, glad everything worked out finally as SS. I loathe officialdom.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 05:56 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies!

I've had such a disruptive week. My food has not been particularly healthy and I haven't been able to get at fitday.com. I've been busy and active. And I'm maintaining. So I guess I'm good.

Although those last 5 or 6 pounds still elude me, I'm wondering if this is what maintenance is all about for me. Getting away from the intricacies of nitpicking counting and tracking and still having it turn out all right. I'm not sure I'll be able to tend sick parents and renovate houses and work part-time for the rest of my life .....
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:52 AM   #93  

Hi All:

I need to work on learning to deal with stress from others better. It seems that everyone in my house dumps their stress on me.
They then feel better but I don't. My DH is the number on offender, but my DD 25 & DD 22 are tied for second place (they both live at home). Add a third DD16 into the mix and you can see the whole picture. How does a person support and listen to others and not let it affect them. Their problems become mine or just upset me. I am trying but any input would be appreciated.

ANNE: YEA FOR SKINNY JEANS. That is the ultimate accomplishment.

Susan: Sometimes maintence is just about getting by. Life does throw us curves weather we are watching our weight or not. Just keep taking care of yourself and remember you are worth all the effort.

Lily: I work for a goverment instutition and since 9/11 it seems that have created so many rules and regs we are at times abusing our law abiding citizens but we are the ones left to enforce these regulations. Glad it finally worked out.

Good day and weekend to all.
Reg4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:05 AM   #94  

Hi maintainers,

I'm back! Still woozy...it took a 24 hour trip to get to taipei, and a 27 hour trip back! After one week of trip & chines hotel food I'm very very glad to be back with my kids. but I needed to know if I could still do it, and I can tell you..yep, after the 2 yr burnout, and the divorce case, I can still fly out to the far east, act professional for a couple of days and get back. Also, although it certainly was not all fun & games, I'm glad that I showed myself that I am on the rebound again. I hope it did not hurt the kids too much. my mom & dad cared for them the past week. I guess in some way it is also reassuring for them to see that mom is getting back to be her old self again.

Lily- glad to hear things are getting better. Do rant as much as you need, I know I did, a lot, when XH walked out with his new love.
Gina - I hear you. I do meditation to keep distance. I noticed on the plane back in that part of my business trip was a holiday from my daily worries about my job, and my divorce issues. It felt funny noticing that.

Have a great day all,
Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 10:59 AM   #95  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, it's rainy and stormy here. My labrador jumped in bed with us early this morning. She's so scared of storms. Poor thing, she was just trembling. She's hiding under computer desk now.
Hope everyone's doing great. I'm on my way to get a little shopping done . And buy my lottery ticket. lol
Where do you get those "skinny jeans", I'd like to try some, but I so totally don't need any more jeans.
I feel like my stress level is way down and I'm eating on program. My weight is right where it feels comfortable. I'm wearing one of my DD's shirts that she gave me. I bought us all some new light jackets the other night, it is starting to get a little cool here.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:27 AM   #96  
lilybelle

I get my new leg brace tomorrow and I'm hoping it will help with my mobility. I hope everyone is doing great.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:56 PM   #97  

Good luck with the new brace Lilly, I hope it works out well for you.
Hi Rabbit hope your over your jet lag by now, glad you had a safe and productive trip.
Same old here, busy at work lazy at home.
Take care
Reg4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:30 AM   #98  
lilybelle

I have the best news, last night for the first time in 2 months I can wiggle my toes just a little on my left foot. I am so happy, this means there is starting to be some nerve regeneration. Yeah, I feel hope again where my mobility is concerned. Looking forward to new brace and eventually getting to use the treadmill again.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:09 AM   #99  

Yipeee for you, Lily.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:38 AM   #100  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Lily - I'm so glad you're back on the mend!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:52 AM   #101  
lilybelle

Thanks ladies, the neuro doctor had said that if I started to be able to move my toes that I wouldn't have to have that painful nerve study redone that is scheduled for Oct. 25th. So, this is great news for me. He said that movement of the toes at all would show that nerves were regenerating and the test would not be necessary. I am doing my PT exercises at home and working a lot with this foot to try to keep the stiffness down and help it. I am just thrilled.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:26 PM   #102  

hi maintainers,

Lily- wonderfull news about the foot! I'm so glad for you!
Hi Gina!

Just zooming through, i 'll catch up with you all later!

rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:16 PM   #103  
Working My Way Back Down

Lily, that is such good news! Wow, hard to believe it's been 2 months - where does the time go???
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:24 PM   #104  
Meg

Yay - there's finally light at the end of the tunnel! Fingers crossed that you continue to get feeling back.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:14 PM   #105  
lilybelle

Thanks everyone, I got my new brace today. I showed the man at the orthotics place how I could move my toes a little. He was surprised because 10 days ago when they casted me I couldn't move them at all. This thing is going to take some getting used to , with learning how to walk normally.