Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-19-2006, 12:16 PM   #76  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Very happy morning, I'm back to the weight that's on my ticker now. Hope everyone has a great day. Gotta go cook me a healthy breakfast now.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:02 PM   #77  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
I'm back from getting the brace fitted. My left calf is 1 1/2 inches smaller than the right. They casted my leg to the knee and then cut the cast off after it dried. It will be 10 days before my new appliance is ready. It is being made with joints at the ankle to allow some flexion of the ankle. I hope it helps me get around better. The man at the orthotics place said my leg looks like "someone that's had a stroke". I never had a stroke as far as I know.. I used to have enormously high blood pressures, but it is normal now. I will mention this to my Neurologist, but for now I'm not going to worry about it.
Based on the symptoms you described earlier, I think you most likely had a peripheral nerve injury rather than a central nervous system injury (stroke), but you can see what your neurologist says. It's common for muscles to atrophy due to lack of innervation.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:31 PM   #78  
lilybelle

Thanks Tara, that's what I thought too. The Dr. keeps bringing up the diabetes. Since the nerve damage is apparent so much higher than the point of impact. I thought with any type of diabetic neuropathy that it would be bilateral and this is only unilateral. Yes, the muscle atrophy is very apparent. I am trying to work hard on PT, but so far it isn't helping. Maybe the nerve study that I have repeated in 6 weeks will tell something positive. (hopefully some nerve regeneration). I have my fingers crossed.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:35 PM   #79  
lilybelle

I am happy to announce that my scale showed another lb. down this morning. I am at 140. So glad that I nipped that gain in the bud and took the weight off quickly. I am journaling EVERYTHING. I had gotten lax on writing my coffee creamer down and even this was making a difference during my period of low physical activity. I feel good again and don't feel so helpless with trying to maintain my weight. BTW, this is my lowest known weight since High School at any time that I wasn't sick.

Last edited by lilybelle; 09-20-2006 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:01 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I went to the chiropractor yesterday for the first time in years. I took my "old nurse's back" to one quite regularly when we lived in town but after we moved to the country, it got to be a pain to run in for something else. Now that we've back into town ... I thought I'd try again. This guy is great (no wonder DH goes there) we talked about sugar and processed foods and nursing and walking and biking and weightlifting.
It was very encouraging. I apparently have not bad posture and pretty good musculature There is a glitch between my shoulders (normal old lady stuff) that he wants to tend to before I get back to weight lifting. He thinks I'll find lifting much easier when it's staightened out.
One bit of really good news is that he thinks the buttock pain I've been having is muscular and not sciatica or sacroiliac. Muscle pain I can handle.
He also reinforced the idea of wearing really good shoes for my work and exercise. Tee hee ... Avia's are on sale at Sport Check this week! I got two new pairs!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:01 AM   #81  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Oh YAY Lillybelle - i'm so glad you're happy with your weight again! I'm glad you're getting sorted too. You will get to the bottom of this
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:02 AM   #82  

Height: 5'7"

Default Another milestone in the journey back

I'm on my way to work, and today is a casual day, so I'm wearing jeans. And I'm wearing PRE-PREGNANCY jeans! Size 12! Finally. OK, they were my loose jeans before, and right now they are certainly not, but hey!! Also not quite ready to get rid of all the 14s just yet, since jeans can go tighter than business wear, but I feel like I just stepped back into maintenance! Weight is still above where I'd like to see it, but progess is so slow these days, any signs of forward movement are to be celebrated.

I'm now down more than 50 from my highest preggo weight. I guess 50 lbs in a year is nothing to sneeze at.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 11:12 AM   #83  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

ANNE! you go girl!

You maintainers are ALL inspiring! :
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:06 PM   #84  
lilybelle

SusanB, looks like the chiropractor was a good help for you. I have thought of seeing one before but never did. My DH goes to one and loves it.
Anne, WTG on those jeans, and the weight loss. Great job.
2Frustrated, thanks for the support. I am feeling good about my body now.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:24 PM   #85  
Working My Way Back Down

Alright Anne! Size 12 jeans is nothing to sneeze at. I find jeans are always tighter than work pants. And 50 pounds in a year is great (even if a good chunk came off when the baby was born). I'll be happy if I make 20 lbs gone this year.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:28 PM   #86  

Default The Cara Cara oranges are here!

The Cara Cara oranges are here! Does anyone remember Steve Martin's character in The Jerk (Navin R. Johnson, to be precise)--"The new phone books are here! The new phone books are here!"

Why am I so thrilled? These oranges are just awesome--seedless, lovely color inside, sweet but not overpowering. Cheap at Costco, can be cheap when on sale at regular stores.

Try one if you've never had one...yum.

Well, that's my exciting news of the day...
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:57 PM   #87  
Meg

Congratulations to Anne for the size 12 jeans! You're my hero for maintaining your weight loss all through a pregnancy and tough first year with baby.

Please forgive me for the drive-by posting ... I'm at a public computer in a library in Naples and only have a few minutes. I'm helping my MIL clean out and sell a house here and am stuck here until Tuesday. It's a major struggle to get to a gym and eat clean, but I'm doing my best (and am counting the days until I get my life back!!) Anyway, I miss you all and will try to catch up better when I get home.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:49 AM   #88  
lilybelle

Hi, today was a horribly stressful day for me. I spent all day at SS office trying to get a SS card for my DD to no avail. They have my info. wrong in the computer as far as my maiden name, they have my married name. They then sent me to the school to get her transcript and immunization record for ID. I did this. Then, because of the maiden name being wrong, they refused to issue the card. I had her hospital birth certificate and they refused this. I came home and ransacked my house and finally found her original birth certificate that had been put in the wrong file drawer and was in with car titles. Needless to say, I'll be at SS office all day again tomorrow, trying to get the card. It is important to get the card, because yesterday the bank refused to let me open her a savings account without a social security card. I have been at the end of my rope. The reason she lost the card was she had to take it to school to give them a copy. Both bank and SS office refused a "copy" from the school. I understand the problems today with identity theft, but OMG, honest people are being humiliated. That woman at SS today was so snotty to me today that I now see why they have armed guards in there. LOL. The bad thing was that I was in line behind a group of 6 people who came together that couldn't speak English and were applying for their first card. She was extremely rude to them as well. I'm sure they were every bit as frustrated as I was. I hope and pray that tomorrow goes better.
We ate dinner out tonite and I had grilled trout and salad but did share a dessert with my DH, which I don't usually do. I had rationalized it really well and told myself that I deserve a treat every once in a while. I'm sure this is not a good thing to do, but a person can't give up a treat for ever. I recognize that it is called "stress/emotional" eating . Life happens and it's no excuse to go off my plan. I know these things, but sometimes it is just plain hard. Actually it didn't even taste that good. I feel the guilt now, which makes it totally not worth it. So, ignore me if you see me on here soon whining about a gain, I will deserve it. Hope everyone else's day was much better than mine and if not , hope you all handled it better than I did.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:18 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Sometimes - Lily - this is the best palce to let it out. it doesn't do any harm and we CAN just skip over you if we like Besides that ... I'm whining a bit this morning. Yesterday the hospital called and said the census was down and I would be off today. Even tho' I should know better ... I made plans. I've got family coming to paint. Guess who called this morning and said 'Susan we need you for four hours'.? Argh ... if it wouldn't wake folks, I'd stomp my foot. Hopefully my folks won't come until closer to lunch.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:56 PM   #90  
lilybelle

Susan, I can certainly feel for what you're going through. I worked 20 yrs. as an RN and this happened sometimes. I still remember it happening once when I was scheduled to work Thanksgiving. I was called and told that census had dropped and I wasn't needed. So, I packed my things and was heading to see my family for the holidays and the phone rang and I was told that I needed to come to work. I only worked a few hrs. and was sent home because I wasn't needed. This was about 10 yrs. ago and your post brought those old memories home. I feel your pain.
Things went better today at SS office and she has a new card on the way. Yeah, plus I was able to get a bank account opened today with the papers they gave me at SS office, so all is finally looking up.
Plus, I have eaten totally on-program today.

Last edited by lilybelle; 09-22-2006 at 04:21 PM.