Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-27-2006, 12:13 AM   #1  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Default Missing clothes?

Since losing weight does anyone else have a problem with their children or others borrowing their clothes all the time? This keeps happening with my DD and her teenage friends.
I love to shop now and am loving buying stuff at the more popular, cute clothes stores. My jeans, capris and shorts keep disappearing. I found a brand new pair (never wore) of American Eagle jeans that I got for myself in my DD's closet. Also, she had a friend stay over last night. Her friend brought me back some of my jean shorts that my DD had left at her house. She said that her and her sister had both been wearing them. I guess that with teenagers, nothing is sacred.
Also, my step-daughter took my Aeropostale capri's that I had. I told her to bring them back but she hasn't yet.
I had a talk with my DD about not borrowing my clothes without asking and to be sure and not leave them at her friends houses.
I guess this is a small price to pay for being smaller, but it is starting to get pretty aggravating. I did tell my DD that next time this happens, I'll just go in her closet and pick out whatever I wanted to wear of hers.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Sounds like they need to know when to respect another person's personal belongings. I'd never have dared to take my mums things without first asking if it was alright with her.

Although on the plus side yup - definite complement on your taste and style if your teens will wear your clothes!
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 06:44 AM   #3  
Meg

You know, it sure is a nice problem to have!!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:53 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Yes, it's kind of double edged. I am glad that the teens now think my clothes are "cool" enough for them and small enough but I don't like them being drug off to other girls houses. I waited many years to be able to wear these type of things and I want to keep what I buy. It drives my MIL nuts that I buy the younger, more stylish things. She thinks that since I'm 46 (old, old, old) that I should wear polyester all the time. I'm not going to do it. I have the figure now for the popular clothes and look good in them. I don't feel like I am that old or feel I look that old. It is funny that I used to didn't care what I wore when I was over-weight. I'm more picky now than ever. I wouldn't even dare to wear sweat pants to the nearby convenience store now. I used to live in sweats and tees.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 06:30 PM   #5  
Working My Way Back Down

Lily. This problem is truly a two-edged sword! I remember growing up that for several years my mother, my year-younger sister and I all wore the same size. We always joked that the first one up in the morning was the best dressed! The rule was it had to come back clean (and ironed if necessary).
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:57 PM   #6  

My teenage stepson used to steal my jeans! He just hit six foot so he's finally taller than me. Hmmm....maybe I should borrow his stuff now
GinnyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:44 PM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

DD and I are the same size and exchange clothes all the time... I love it!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote