Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-29-2006, 09:45 AM   #16  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
We're different. We who have lost a lot of weight are different than others who never were overweight (even if they're our age, height, weight, gender etc.) We think differently, our bodies are different, and our metabolisms are different. If we want to be part of that 5% who maintain their weight losses, we have to be aware and accept the fact that we're part of a very small and special club that has different rules for eating, exercising, and living.
Boy oh boy, did you say a mouthful there.

Maintainers are very special people. And every day I see article after article and comment after comment about dieters and that 90-some% of them will fail and gain back most or all of their weight. That's depressing. It makes you sometimes say to yourself, "Well gee, if most people who lose weight end up gaining it back anyway, then what the **** am I doing this for?"

That's why you (Meg) and others like you are an inspiration to me because I know it CAN BE DONE. And I want to be part of that club too. I enjoy counting calories and eating healthy and I know I'll have to do this for the rest of my life.

And I think I'm ready
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote