Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-13-2006, 05:04 AM   #16  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Many congratulations, Meg! Here's to another year of living and loving maintenance
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:27 PM   #17  
Ilene the Bean

Megster! Congrats and Happy Anniversary

I think the title of your book should be "Living and Loving (most of the time) Maintenance" ... so when's it due out?? Huh?? Huh?? Huh??
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 08:05 PM   #18  
Mel

Happy Anniversary I think this one belongs in the "best of" thread!

Congratulations!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:18 PM   #19  

Height: 5'8"

I just got one piece of advice for you Meg... Just kidding!

Congratulations to you Meg!

Thank you for sharing with us, for your insight, for your inspiration. You touch people in ways you don't even know. I keep sending people over to the maintainers forum. I think anyone seriously thinking about losing weight should start here. Seriously!

You've done an amazing job, hats off to you!

Just a questions, if you're not going to listen to crazy people anymore, does that mean you're not going to listen to me??? LOL
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:59 PM   #20  
No description available.

I went to a conference yesterday and heard from an expert on "maintenance"...mostly that people have a hard time losing more than 10% of their body weights and that wt gain is...pretty much inevitable. I wanted to stand up and say, "No, it's not. If you want to know about maintenance, check out this website with these certain people." Like you said, it is ALL about the choices people make. If you want "X" badly enough, you will make the choices to get you there.

Thanks for proving that this is possible. How can people give you advice? You are success in the flesh!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:06 AM   #21  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Anniversary and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

As others have said, you are an incredible source of inspiration. You not only MADE it... You have kept at it for years. I truly hope, and honestly believe, that I will be celebrating my maintainance for years and years to come. I have given myself a second chance at life, and I plan on making this journey a 'life sentence'. And what a wonderful life sentence it is.

Thank you SO much for posting this. You have a way with words that makes me 'feel' every word you write. Your comments are uplifting, meaningful, thought provoking, inspiring, transforming and simply 'touching'.

Take care,

Zelma
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 02:26 PM   #22  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I can't understand why anyone would deride your efforts to maintain by going to the gym or counting calories. Would they tell an alcoholic to stop going to AA or that it is okay to have just one drink? Of course not. Food can be as much of an addiction as alcohol, drugs or cigarettes, in my opinion worse because we don't need any of those things but we still gotta eat. Forget them, you are doing something to be proud of and we are proud of you and very happy that you are here to share with us that it can be done!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:17 PM   #23  
Losin' it forever!

I have never wandered into the maintenance forum before, but JacobsMom over at the 100lb board posting this link, as several of us have been struggling and I'm so glad she did! I just read each of your anniversary posts, Meg, and am feeling truly inspired!

Zelma, I also read your journey. Another true inspiration! I need to spend more time here for those moments when I'm feeling weak!

Thank you!
LakeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 09:27 PM   #24  

Meg--Congratulations on your anniversary. That's awesome, and you've perservered despite the challenges that could have been setback-inducing obstacles.

It's very weird, but I think we're sharing the same thoughts most times! I'm just thinking now that I'm in my fifth year of maintenance. I was just telling someone (they asked) the other day that I count calories/exercise religiously in order to maintain my fit body. They looked at me kind of weird, and said that she guessed I'd have to be "obsessive" to keep the weight off. For the first time, I didn't feel the need to explain myself or apologize for it. She asked, I answered... Her feelings are her issue, not mine. : )

Enjoy the next year of health and fitness and all that it brings to you!
boarderchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:09 AM   #25  
Cindy

What marvelous thoughts, Meg - you sure can articulate and get the essence of your being down in written words and that's a gift to add to your victories in life!

Indeed it really is about choices and the wrong choices are so darn unfulfilling - I think that's the part that makes it seem more achievable. It's just so much better to make the right choices - rather like going to college to get a good job that pays out for life or chucking the romantic interests that simply are not going to make us happy in the long run, the right choices make for the best result.

Bravo and kudos to you and thanks for motivating the rest of us - we luv you!
CindyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:40 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations!!!

I hope someday soon to put this "phase" of my life behind me as well!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:28 AM   #27  

Happy Anniversary Meg,

I just read all your anniversary postings and you have taught me so much. Thanks for posting alll of them. Your leading the way for us
Keya is offline   Reply With Quote