Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-20-2006, 02:10 PM   #31  
Maintainer-to-be

S/C/G: 214/170/154

Height: 5'8" / 1.72 m

I'm still here! Mostly reading though, not posting much, since I've been so fed up with the whole body business during 2006. Feeling my energy and motivation returning now though, for sure.

2006 did not at all turn out as I expected, as far as weight goes. I was at goal (70 kilos/154 lbs) when 2005 ended and that was my somewhat adjusted goal weight and I felt great. Then it started to go downhill from March and onwards and I quickly regained 10 kilos and hit 80 kilos/177 lbs in the summer and felt absolutely miserable. I, who had looked forward to my first "skinny" summer in bloody ages.. I was sick of all the calorie counting and exercising AND I switched jobs which shook things up and made it all more tricky.

Luckily I decided to hire a personal trainer in August and that was when I started to get back on track. I really picked up steam in November and I've lost 6 of the 10 regained kilos and boy, does that feel great or what? I can now wear my skinny jeans again, the ones that have been hanging in my closet, unused since April!

I promised myself that I wouldn't overtrain but I think I might have done so now, what with my massive enthusiasm and renewed ambition, because I've had 2 very throaty colds (coughing like mad right now, off sick from work) and I don't think I've given myself enough recovery time. But now I won't be impatient, I'll take my Christmas holidays here to recover and go for long walks and get back to the gym when I get back home again.

Despite the crappy 2006, I'm so glad that I've managed to lose most of the weight I regained, and proved to myself that I *can* do this. It also feels as if I'll be better equipped for maintenance, with this episode under my belt.

Well, actually, looking at my goals for 2006 I will start 2007 with roughly the same numbers on the scale as I did in 2006! 74 kilos now and 72 kilos in 2006, that's a measly 2 kilo difference!

Have a lovely Christmas and New Year now, all you brave fighters

Hugs,
Ann-Charlotte
silvernight is offline   Reply With Quote