Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 11-08-2005, 10:18 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default What's for dinner? Pre-holidays food accountability thread

Well, maintainers, once again, I find myself doing really well with my exercise, and my eating not going quite according to plan. With the holidays rapidly approaching I feel like I need to get it together to have some momentum going in.

Anybody need some accountability, post 'em here.

My goal is 2000 calories a day with a minimum of 5 fruit/veg servings. Since I'm breastfeeding, I don't want to cut my caloric level much more than that.

Saturday, Sunday, Monday: not even close on either goal.
Tuesday: 2010 cal, plenty of veggies

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 05:17 AM   #2  
Meg

Great idea, Anne! I'm just like you -- consistent with exercise (well, most of the time ) but not so consistent with food. You are so right about needing a plan and some momentum in order to survive the next two months!

I'm going to join you, starting today, keeping my calories between 1200 and 1500 (depending on how long my work day is).
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:12 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Kk, ok, I'll get on the wagon, you can stop twisting my arm!!

Goal 1400-1600 cals... yesterday I did good but I had 10 chocolalte covered almonds which I really didn't need, but just had to have!! I stopped at only 10 though plus during the evening they were calling my name again! I'm not sure what I did but I got busy and I forgot about them and had Kashi and pudding later instead...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:06 PM   #4  

Wednesday: 2055 cal, 8+ fruits/veg
Thursday: 2765 cal (!), 5+ fruits/veg, HUNGRY (possibly due to leg work day before), and only about 200 junky calories

1st holiday party is Saturday already.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:29 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

I am havnig a difficult time staying on track these days! Today I had 1786 calories ! NOT good!!

Tomorrow is another day!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Am I able to join the Maintainers yet? I agree with everyone else that the exercise part is easy to keep up with but the eating takes a little more work. I have been doing really well this month with planning meals and journaling and that is helping a lot.

My goals are to keep calories between 1200-1500 and eat 7 servings of fruits/vegetables a day. So far so good. Today was a higher cal/high protein day (still within goal) but for some reason I just had to have those two spoonfuls of flaxseed peanut butter before bed. I suppose it could have been worse!
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 11:48 AM   #7  

Since I'm "Recovering" from my "Maintenance Relapse" I'm trying to stay between 1200-1500 calories per day, 5-6 meals, only low sugar complex carbs fruits and whole grains, 3 dairy (1 serving is usually soy milk), and lots and lots of veggies. Last week was good except for eating lunch at a mall "Food Court" and a friend's dinner party. I keep reminding myself that these are occasional meals not my regular way of eating. Thanks for starting this thread it will help keep me on track
2 bt mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:52 AM   #8  

Did better Friday, 2100 calories, about 7 fruit/veggies. Having another hungry day today, so we'll see where that gets me.

Looks like the party tonight is out since I couldn't find a babysitter. Mixed blessing I guess.

Anne
Old 11-14-2005, 07:48 AM   #9  
singletrack chick

i need desperately to join in with this thread. i have kept my activity level up easily but my food has been all over the place. i'm going to say 14-1800 calories a day, depending on work day, workout, and extenuating circumstances.
laura_on_a_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 11:14 AM   #10  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I'd like to join too

My goal is 1800 calories and 5 fruits/veggies. The fruits aren't a problem, its the veggies I've been terrible with lately.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:13 AM   #11  
singletrack chick

did great yesterday. 1400 calories. loaded up on the fruits and veggies. i had vegetable soup, 2 apples, a banana, a bag of carrots, a cup of sugar snap peas and a spinach salad. i never seem to have trouble getting lots of veggies in.
laura_on_a_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 10:12 PM   #12  

Well, last weekend was pretty bad. Was putting in a lot of calories. I did pretty close to my goal M-F, between 2000 and 2200 cal. Today was a bit off again. I've lost a couple of pounds though, even with the mediocre diet, so I'm motivated to keep going. Amazing what a little momentum can do.

Anne