Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-26-2005, 04:32 AM   #31  

Hi Anne,

Glad to see your post and to hear you and your daughter are doing well. I would not worry too much about your weight at this part, I believe it really can take 3 months or more for your body to get over the major restructuring operation that having a baby grow in it entails.

Just hang in there and I think it is great that you are breast feeding- I found it much easier with the night feeds, because at least you do not have to get out of bed for it.

I am hanging in here (if you want details, I post daily at the LWL) but in general strange as it may sound - the more he is getting out, the happier I seem to get! probabely I will have a fallback when he is out for some time, and also this whole thing is extremely tiiring, but as for now I enjoy the good feeling.

Hi to all the other maintainers,
Have a great day all,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:13 PM   #32  

Rabbit, I am glad your days are a little brighter for now. I imagine your feeling just about every emotion in the book!

Well, I officially hit 135 over the past week - that was my original goal weight. I've got to say it was rather anticlimatic. I suppose because I don't put a whole lot of stock in what the scale has to say anymore. I still like watching it go down, of course, but it isn't quite the obsession that it once was. I've been exercising and working with weights since the very begininng and I am quite happy with my overall shape. I still think I'd like to lose another 10-15 pounds but I am playing it by ear from here on out. I'm starting to get feedback from friends and family that I don't need to lose anymore. Of course, they only see me with my clothes ON. My sister has been the most persistent but we are in about the same size clothes now and I think she's afraid that if I get much smaller her wardrobe will be cut in half. LOL.

I had an interesting lesson in body image this week. I am finally starting to see myself as a thinner person but I still have that fat chick in my head confusing things. I got together with a dear friend the other day. She has always been skinny. Not thin, skinny. I was glad to see that she'd put on some weight since the last time I'd seen her. She looks so much healthier. Still, I was stuck by how thin she still is (she is very tall and has always struggled as hard to put on weight as I have to take it off). Anyway, she was gushing over how much weight I'd lost - to the point that I felt like she had to be blowing smoke. But when I suggested that she was going overboard she made me stand in front of a mirror and look at our butts side by side. I surprised to see how much smaller mine was than hers. I would have never in a million years seen her from behind and thought that I was even close to her size, much less smaller. It was a real eyeopener and gave me a more realistic view of my own body. I think the experience is going to make it much easier for me to slip out of weight loss mode and into maintainence.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 04:50 PM   #33  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

jawsmom- I have SO been where you are....reality check huh? Seeing someone you thought was way smaller than you...and finding out you are actually smaller
It is so weird how our minds trick us, I am glad to see you are seeing the true you now, I am certain that you will now be able to live in the maintainence and do it successfully
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:38 PM   #34  

Good going on reaching that goal Jawsmom. Sometimes when I take the clothes out of the dryer and think my pants are my 15 year olds, for a second. It is hard to see ourselves thin.
Anne enjoy your new baby. I just love that baby smell. One step at a time on the weight front. Treat yourself like you would treat your best friend, because we are our own best friends.
Rabbit, been checking up on you in LWL. You should be very proud how you are handling yourself, you are doing great.
Reg4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 08:56 PM   #35  
Mel

Congratulations, Jawsmom! Great job

I've had that weird feeling quite a few times of standing beside someone who I always thought was small and now realizing that I'm smaller. In some cases, they are getting bigger but it is disconcerting.

Hi Anne Enjoy your sweetie. I love your description of feeling incredibly thin and fat at the same time. I think some of us with body image problems always see ourselves that way.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote